Current Time: 03:02 am EDT

Interview with "The Original Gata" Monique Dupree

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) 1
  Creator Post Date

Dr Van Helsing

For our last interview of 2009, I had the pleasure of interviewing Scream Queen Monique Dupree "The Original Gata". I appreciate her doing this interview with me which sadly was interrupted due to a death in her family. Please be sure to check out her films and her band. For those of you on Twitter looking for someone interesting to follow, be sure to look for @ORIGINALGATA.

1. For starters, how long have you been acting? I started acting at the age of 13. Other than doing my first film Lean on Me, I was mostly doing theatre.

2. Of all your films, which one have you enjoyed the most? I can't really say that there's only been one. I cherish different ones for different reasons. I will always enjoy the family like bonding we had on the set of Bachelor party in the Bungalow of the Damned. Then there's Shadowhunters 2: Oria, which won't be out until next year which was one of the most challenging roles for me yet & also > the best. I became part of the darkstone (darkstone entertainment) family on that set. We all grew so close on that set. I'm forever grateful for taking part in that film.

3. Which film do you wish would be erased from everyone's memory? Ha..do you mean of mine or any movie period? I would dare say that I wouldn't have any movie erased because we have to know what the bottom looks like in order to avoid hitting it ourselves, lol But I'm not telling what movie I'm thinking about when I say that!

4. How do you like being known as a scream queen? I'm proud to be a scream queen. I just think sometimes, we're not taken as seriously...like we're the lesser actor or something. I say that because of the reactions I've gotten on several occasions when I've announced myself as such. It doesn't matter what people think though, I'm just here to show them, not tell them.

5. Do you have any favorite co-stars? Well it'd be more like she was the star and I, the co-star, but I always love working with Debbie Rochon. I hope to do more projects with her in the future. She's really amazing to work around.

6. Have you studied any particular styles of acting? I attended the school of arts with a major in drama for awhile, but other than that, no. I've learned more and more through experience. I've always had teachers even though I didn't attend a course. I learn more and more as I go. to me, you never stop growing until you're dead.

7. Which actors/actresses do you admire? Wow...so many for so many different reasons. I really truly admire Gary Oldman. I'd watch him in just about anything. I love how I forget that he's playing a character..he makes me believe. There's many more, but he tops my list.

8. When I was doing research for this interview, I couldn't get over how beautiful you are. Have you done a lot of modeling or do you mainly stick with acting? Aww, thank you SO much for the compliment. Yes, I've done quite abit of modeling as well; mostly alternative. I don't fit the "standard" of what models seem to represent. So instead of trying to follow in footsteps, I'm creating my own.

9. In addition to acting I see you also front a band. What style of music do you play? We are a mix of extreme variations of styles and influences all rolled together in one sick, demented group. We just don't fit one style. I don't even know what category, if any, we'd be placed in. If you'd like to hear a bit more or purchase a single, you can always go here: www.myspace.com/negrochilde.

10. Any plans to record and tour with your band? Well, we've been recording in-between my crazy schedule. The next step is for us to tour. We've had alot of interests overseas, so I'm very excited about this.

11. How do you handle all the male (and most likely female) groupies? Its very very hard. I have a strong online presence as well as appearances because I like to interact with people. The problem is that people forget that I'm only one person sometimes..that's the main thing that gets frustrating.

12. What advice do you have for someone wanting to break into the film industry? Persistence & a thick skin. You need these two things for this industry. I've been told so many different things by so many different people. So people are very mean and rude, but you need to get over it and concentrate on what you want to accomplish. Don't give up. I 100 no's a day..and then I get that one yes that makes it all worth it. This is who and what I am and I let nothing get in my way..not even myself.

13. In the movie about your life, who do you want to play you? Ha...I'd have to leave that to the casting dept because I'd have no clue, lol. Its hard to look at myself that way and say "Oh yeah, she can play me in a movie about my life!"

14. Where do you hope to be in 5 years? I hope to be working like I am now. I'm not picky. If I can do what I love doing and take care of my family at the same time, I count myself blessed.

15. Since this interview is for a role playing Vampire game, I have to ask. If you played, what character would you be; Vampire, Slayer, Witch, Angel, or Werewolf? Vampire baby!!!! I'm all Vampire. Gata Vamp Bytch, lol

I have to say thank you very much for taking the time to do this interview with me and thank you for your patience. You kick much ass!!!

Links to more information about Monique

http://fetish.cultsirens.com/monique-dupree/

http://www.twitter.com/originalgata

Monique Dupree in wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monique_Dupree

Monique Dupree on IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2374082/

www.moniquedupree.com

www.myspace.com/theoriginalgata

www.youtube.com/moniquedupree7

www.facebook.com/theoriginalgata

www.myspace.com/negrochilde

http://www.atomicpinup.com/MoniqueDupree.html

www.freewebs.com/queensofscream

Monique Dupree on www.hollywoodiscalling.com
December 29, 2009 08:25 pm

Dr Van Helsing

December 29, 2009 08:26 pm

Dr Van Helsing

December 29, 2009 08:27 pm
Actives (23) Fresh Blood (4) View All The Fallen (5) Graveyard
Cristina Scabbia, Jemma Simmons, Will Gorski, Ellrlav Donoson, Nomi Marks, Ella Orlav II, Coyote Sonder, Lance Hunter, King Arthur, Ella Orlav V, Wolfgang Bogdanow, Kingston Donovan, Mommas Boy, James Ellason, Robert Sonder, Bobbi Morse, Dutchies Prize, Ella Orlav IV, Lito Rodriguez, Ella Orlav III, Orangesrlife, Nathan Maloney, Frankie Sonder  Tucker Reid
Skylar
Astral Summers
Ulfred Vasquez 
Bojangles
Angel Kravenoff
Gostav Engberg
Sinclair Vorchenza
Protector  
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger1 | Blogger2 | Twitter | FB Group | FB Fan Page