Current Time: 07:33 am EDT

Interview with Victor Gishler

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) 1
  Creator Post Date

Professor Moriarty

I interview Victor Gischler at the comic convention in New Orleans. He was promoting some of his latest novels. He is largely known as being the writer behind some of the Deadpool comics but his novels include: Gun Monkeys, Suicide Squeeze, Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse, The Deputy, and his current book Vampire A Go-Go.

After reading through some of Vampire A Go-Go I would recommend it for reading.

Checkout his blog at:
http://victorgischler.blogspot.com/
April 25, 2010 03:43 pm

Professor Moriarty

How long have you been writing?

I have been writing since I was in first grade. Professionally I would have to say 2001 when my first novel came out. Back in first grade though I wrote a story about a detective trying to track down some dwarves that stole doughnuts. Needless to say it had a very bloody ending.

What inspired you to start writing?

I love stores, short stories, novels, comic I just love to read. I read DnD book and try to imagine the worlds inside them. I love those kinds of stories and I wanted to create that.

Why did you select this genre for your current works and what drew you towards it?

My first novel was a crime novel based upon a short story I wrote a while back. But I love all kinds of genreís.

How long does it take you to finish a book?

Some are done in a fairly short amount of time and others can take a longer amount of time. My first novel took around ten to twelve months that is the normal amount of time it takes.

What gives you your inspiration?

I have been told my books are very cinematic. I loved watching old black and white movies on my grandparentís cable TV, all twelve channels, when I was little. Those movies inspired me with some of my ideas for my novels.

Does your work just seem to flow when you get started or do you need a layout to follow?

I donít outline anything. Outlining to me is the ultimate creativity buzz kill. Iíll have up to four or five key set pieces in mind and just fill in the blanks as I go.

Who are your favorite Authors?

J.R Tolkien, Mike Desnick, Raymond Chambler, pretty much just all over the place. I just love to read.

What advice can you give to our up and coming writers?

Read your asses off and think about what you are reading. How is that author handling the pacing of the book? How are they conveying the feeling of the characters to you? Donít talk or think about writing just write. If it sucks let it suck, just keep at it and you will start to see improvements.

Have you ever suffered from writers block and if you have how did you combat it?

I donít believe in writers block. There are slow times and lazy times and that is about it. Just keep writing and if it sucks let it suck. Give it permission to suck. One of the major things are people donít want their work to suck so they donít write. Just keep writing until it doesnít suck anymore.

Do you think being a good writer is a natural gift or can it be learned?

I think people who write well enough to get published have developed a certain awareness about their work. You can take classes to build up your writing but having that awareness of your writing and how it interacts with the readers is the key.

Which character would you play in Bloodletting and why?

I would be a slayer. What can I say I am old school. Vampires are simply the bad guys.

Anything you want to share with our players?

I write the kinds of books I want to read. My books are not for everybody and I am fine with that. So write the kinds of books that you would want to read.
April 25, 2010 03:49 pm

Dog The BountyHunter

Cool Indeed! Hes Right lol. April 25, 2010 04:40 pm
Actives (28) Fresh Blood (1) View All The Fallen (4) Graveyard
Victor Lockheed, Katarina Valentine, Abigail Walker, Miryam, Frankie Sonder, Randall Pearson, Abel Morales, Dutchies Prize, Betty Cooper, Orangesrlife, Coyote Sonder, Kevin Pearson, Prince John, Ella Orlav V, Cheryl Blossom, En Sabah Nur, Jughead Jones, Jack Pearson, Robert Sonder, Kate Pearson, Llewyn Davis, Kingston Donovan, Veronica Lodge, Poe Dameron, Wolfgang Bogdanow, Archie Andrews, Beth Pearson, Juliet Swan  Phantasm  Nomi Marks
Jack Russell
Isidore Thornheart
Viktor Stein 
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger1 | Blogger2 | Twitter | FB Group | FB Fan Page