Current Time: 02:11 am EDT

~~~ What is an ALT, and their rules.

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
  Creator Post Date

DemonKnight

Our rules (in the General FAQ) say you are allowed to have one character. Many people wanted to have a second alternate (ALT) character so they could role-play with it or play one good and one bad. We have given you the opportunity to have an Alt character by simply paying for the privilege and buying a donation package (of any type) on your main character.

Having any current donation package gives you the privilege of allowing the use of an Alt character.

Your main character CAN NOT benefit from the Alt character. So you can't use it as a punching bag or helping to build up the main character. We have checks and rules in place to stop certain transactions between your characters, so please don't try to work around them.

When you make an Alt, you must inform DemonKnight, and he will make note of it.

We reserve the right to kill or bounty any character that does not following these rules.

Last point: If you have already told DK about your Alt, it will still be remembered....and of course you are still under the rules as written above.
August 31, 2010 11:20 pm

DemonKnight

I have been asked about dungeon breakouts of an Alt. If the Elders place people in the dungeons and you are breaking them out, and one happens to be your Alt...that is fine.

But if you do high level crimes to put one of your characters into the dungeon just so you can try to break it out...that is WRONG, and not fine.
September 01, 2010 01:15 pm

Noble E Flux

Just to point out there are also people who play from internet cafe's and other public places. I think that the elders have allowed this in the past as long as they were informed about it. September 01, 2010 04:18 pm

DemonKnight

Yes, and don't worry...we (us Founders) can see where you are logging in from and do take that into account. September 01, 2010 11:30 pm

DemonKnight

I shouldn't have to say this!

Passing items to your Alt is HELPING your Alt. That is why transfers are not enabled for you and your Alts.
Using the Market to pass items to your Alts is CHEATING.

Oh, and using a third party to transfer items is NOT allowed either.

In case you haven't noticed, items in the market place stay for a few days, this means we can see them transfer.

Here's an example of one I saw today!
Player A | Minion Battle Tokens | 467 | 2010-09-02 02:55:47 | Player A Alt
Player A Alt | Minion Battle Tokens | 479 | 2010-09-02 09:58:02 | Player B
Player B | Minion Battle Tokens | 479 | 2010-09-02 10:06:33 | Player A

I just showed you the minion tokens, along with those went, a Ring, a Might's Demise and a Demon's Shard
Oh, and BM/Cash in the 2:55 sale.

How strange!
September 02, 2010 02:30 pm

Ceuca

I've heard of people having multiple alts. I always thought the rule was one alt, period. Is that still the case or has it changed? September 03, 2010 05:18 pm

StormWolfKymarah

I touched on this in the other Alt thread in this forum...

But, yeah...some have been led to believe that if both their Main and their first Alt both have DP's, that they can legally have a 3rd character, so far as other Alt rules are followed. This question was even asked in the MT forum, and the impression given then was that this was ok. The thread got deep-sixed during the Great Thread Purge about a month and a half ago, or I'd refer back to it.
September 04, 2010 12:19 am

DemonKnight

Okay, so we don't have an official rule about multiple Alts. But, there are a few people that have more then one Alt, and they have a DP on all the characters, including the Alts. September 04, 2010 06:14 pm

Bree Willard

So as long as you're willing or able to put a dp on your extra alt(s), people are not going to get beaten as hard as those who isn't willing or able to pay? September 04, 2010 06:49 pm

Guinevere

In the area of those few people that have more than one Alt. and they donor pack them. That is a privilege that also carries an extra responsibility. I have my main character and my alt donor packed. It's something I have always done.

I have given away the rare donor pack to the person starting out or to help where the need is. There are no strings attached to that either.

Should the rule be clarified on the extra Alt allowed. My third person will be the first to go.
September 05, 2010 12:38 am

Ceuca

DVH/DK/any oranges, what's the stance on this situation?

You're doing searches with your alt and they get put in the dungeon

Would it be a rule break to break them out with your main character or not?

I'm curious now
September 10, 2010 12:20 pm

DemonKnight

Sure it would, you'd be switching characters just to get out of the dungeon. September 10, 2010 01:47 pm

Ceuca

Thanks for clarifying that, wasn't sure

Then, going by that, what's the difference between that and your previous post

If the Elders place people in the dungeons and you are breaking them out, and one happens to be your Alt...that is fine.

To me, they are the same thing, (breaking an alt out of the dungeon)
September 10, 2010 02:12 pm

DemonKnight

When the Elders put them in the dungeon it's not YOU putting YOURSELF in the dungeon. September 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Guinevere

Understood. That clarifies that point. Thank you DemonKnight. September 11, 2010 10:07 am
1 | 2 | 3 | Next
Actives (5) Fresh Blood (3) View All The Fallen (2) Graveyard
Khellen, Caitlyn Darrow, William Frankenstein, Loki Laufeyjarson, Mallory Quarters  William Frankenstein
Remington Agnes
Loki Laufeyjarson 
Aurora
Maylus_Jay 
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger | Twitter | FB Group | FB Fan Page