Current Time: 10:34 pm EDT

Typos

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) 1 | 2 | 3 | Next | Last
  Creator Post Date

DemonKnight

I've fixed a load of these typos, and yes Mordent, I replaced the paragraph that I wrote with your version.

I'm clearing this out for the next batch.
February 23, 2008 11:18 pm

Mordent

Snazy. I spent a little while trying to find another typo, though, just for you D.K. ;)

On the "Forums" page (http://www.bloodletting.org/forums/forums.php), next to "Moscow Forum" (and I assume the other cities as well):

Curious as to what is going on in your current location? Visit the City Forum to interact with those who have come to Moscow to visit it's beautiful sites. Searching for prey is also a common practice.

There shouldn't be an apostrophe in "it's". Still, cheers for clearing the rest of them up.
February 24, 2008 09:15 am

Mister Yum Yum

In the Forums tab, 'Coven's Forums' doesn't look quite right. It's a possessive, so I think the apostrophe in 'Coven's' should be moved to the end of the S. February 24, 2008 03:51 pm

Mordent

*shrugs* Only if more than one 'coven' can access that particular forum, in my mind. The "forum belonging to the coven" is the "coven's forum", just as it's "sanctuary's forum" rather than "sanctuaries' forum".

Grammar, eh? What fun...
February 24, 2008 04:36 pm

Mordent

Got another one for you, on the City Search page:

As you search the back alleys of the city, be warned! While you may come across some poor soul's lost money, some even covered in blood, and rare artifacts you will never be far from harm's reach.

Depending on the exact meaning of most of this a couple bits may be in the wrong place. The apostrophe in "soul's" is probably right, although if the money belongs (or should I say "belonged") to more than one "poor soul" the apostrophe should be after the second "s" (like so: "souls'"). Also, I feel the comma should be shifted from between "rare artifacts you" to after "blood". Currently it reads as if the money is covered in blood and rare artifacts, and I don't think combo-searches are around yet. ;)

Can I have my "grammar police" badge now? ;)
March 02, 2008 04:59 pm

Marcus Noone

I'm relatively new, but a long-time grammar nazi, so I feel confident enough to point out on the "Ferry to the Forbidden City" page:

The name has been lost to history and the Elder's themselves.

"Elders" is plural, so there shouldn't be an apostrophe.
April 20, 2008 05:12 pm

Jack Horton

You coven leader has been kind enough to...

JUST noticed it (as it was deleting) in the coven money distribution mail... thingy... that gets sent out to all members.
May 15, 2008 02:56 pm

Amaranthine

When we already Sign Out,
and click the Graveyard,
on the Graveyard's page, under the list for Slayer & Werewolves/Angels :

List if for registered members only.

--------------------------------------
I think maybe it means to be write :

List is for registered members only. --- like under the list for Vampires & Witches
June 13, 2008 12:02 am

Niamh

'Do you have one of Elphaba's special codes, enter it here and see what you have found.'

Should probably be:

Do you have one of Elphaba's special codes? Enter it here and see what you have found.
June 28, 2008 08:34 am

Mister Yum Yum

This was the heading for the Stealing page.

"Chose Your Prey"

July 26, 2008 04:49 pm

Desmond

I don't know if this is all cities or just Los Angeles. The "City Life" page, the forbidden city description: "The ferryman awaits those who wish enter the Forbidden city."

It should be: "The ferryman awaits those who wish to enter the Forbidden city."
July 27, 2008 06:38 pm

Kaern ap Myst

This isn't a typo so much as an omission: on the page it talks about the different types of races that there are, it doesn't mention angel. It's in the drop down, when you go to actually make a character, but it's not mentioned when all the others are. If you go through the character creation process you'll see it. August 03, 2008 05:49 am

Taika

Troll Hollywood Boulevard
*giggles* I think you meant Stroll. This is located in LA as the first crime option.
August 14, 2008 07:41 pm

Edward Brollachan

Very very minor typo...Minion Main Battle Arena

There are 5 leagues that you will be apart of.

Should be:

There are 5 leagues that you will be a part of.
August 17, 2008 05:28 pm

Sprew

Well if you want to be technical about it then it should say 6, not 5!!! :D August 17, 2008 11:52 pm
1 | 2 | 3 | Next | Last
Actives (14) Fresh Blood (0) View All The Fallen (4) Graveyard
G3N3S1S, Artemis, mist, Pandora, Summer, W_Kat, Blood Maw, Aleister Carlyle, Ronan Boru, Li Kuroda, Zara Peer, Kace BlackHeart, Cristina Scabbia, Mallory Quarters    Rune Starborne
Gotthard Rosenberger
Glutton
CC3969 
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger | Twitter | FB Group | FB Fan Page