Current Time: 10:46 am EDT

Interview with actress Vanessa Aranegui

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) 1 | 2 | Next
  Creator Post Date

Dr Van Helsing

For starters, tell us something about you not found in your official bio or on your website. Well... I don't know. I'm pretty divulgent... that's not a word is it? I guess forthcoming or open would be more correct, but divulgent is what I mean I guess I could share that the nickname given to me in high-school when inducted into the Thespians was Klepto... ... yeah, that's all I'm going to say about that... ... I'm also a horaball spelor! ... Also, I get told on the weekly that I look like Tina Fey... I think I may 'Single White Female' her ass. THAT'S NOT AN ACTUAL THREAT PEOPLE... IT'S A JOKE! Hey... that's pretty funny... going to put that on my website! Sorry... rambling. Next question! What made you want to be an actress? I don't know. It just has always been. Maybe if I went to a shrink they'd say that there was a need for escape or some mumbo jumbo? I know that as I got older, I was interested in a lot of things and I felt like acting would be a way to experience it all. Who are some of your influences and favorite actors or actresses? Um... I mean... I think I've been more influenced by art, family, and experience more than other actors. Is that ****ty. I don't know. As far as my favorites: Scott Bakula is my industry crush, I heart him! I don't know when it happened, but Leonardo DiCaprio has come back with a vengeance. He's freakin' brilliant. Just brilliant. But really, it's hard to pick one, there are so many artists doing such amazing work... I love it.

What acting methods and styles have you studied? Well, I studied theatre throughout middle school, high school, and college, which is typically based in Stanislavsky. But outside of that I specifically studied Meisner at Truthful Acting Studios. Best thing I did for my craft! Looking forward to tackling another methodology soon... I'm thinking Chekhov next.

What is your dream role? I'll know it when I see it. I just want to keep growing and doing work I can be proud of that touches people in some way... that and a bad ass of some sort. OH! And any role where they pay me to intensely train in something completely new to me for months.

Who in the industry would you most like to work with? Scott Bakula, lol... He'll play my estranged father, but we reconnect and stuff happens and in the end we recreate my wedding so he can walk me down the isle... sweet moment. It'll be a lighthearted tearjerker. I mean, of course, any of the greats as well... but really what makes the greats great is their ability to be fully present and working moment to moment off of everything that is happening as it is happening. So if I'm working with an actor like that, big name or not, I'm loving it.

Who plays you in the story of your life? Morgan Freeman

How much preparation on average do you put into character development? As long as I have

What genre of films do you prefer to appear in? I don't care. I think regardless of the genre, I really love relationships. So if that's well developed, I'm extra excited.

If you could appear in a remake of any film, what would it be? I hate to see remakes of the films I love... um... oh! Single White Female with Tina Fey... but funny You hear me Tina?!

Where is Vanessa Aranegui five years from now? Wiser, bolder, inspiring...er

Who inspires you in your work? My family fuels my art.

One piece of advice for aspiring actors/actresses? Be generous. Get some business sense. Train always. Pay no attention to numbers.

How did you get involved with Unbridled Chaos? Chris Greene discussed the project with me and brought me on board.

Describe your role in the film in one word. Broken

What do you want people to take away from Unbridled Chaos once they see it? *****es be cray-cray... is that right? cray-cray? I simply hope they enjoy the ride.

What other projects do you have coming up and when can we see them? I just wrapped on a web-series "On-set", I'm writing a short, and am moving to Atlanta... that's pretty much all the info I have at the moment. But lots to come I'm sure. You can keep up with me on Facebook, IMDB, or my website...

We know that Mike Voit and Nicole Voas are awesome, but no one really knows how awesome. Where do you weigh in on the topic? Damn it! If I was Tina Fey I could come up with something so damn clever! *sigh* They are awesomeness

Who would you least like to work with? And you can't cop-out and say Oh there's no one, everyone is wonderful. I mean, any selfish actor/artist really... or any one with body odor or bad breath.

You have a camera and you're invisible. Where do you go and what do you take pictures of? People singing in the shower.

Last question, you have the choice of being a Vampire, Slayer, Angel, Werewolf, Witch, or Demon. Which do you choose? Oh geeze... there are so many variants to all of these now, that I have no idea what any of them actually mean. Probably either an Angel or a Witch, a good one... but I don't wanna be hunted or killed or anything though, is that cool?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4006539/

http://www.vanessaaranegui.com/

https://twitter.com/VanessaAranegui

January 27, 2014 02:57 pm

lacigam

She seems so sweet! what else has she done ide like to look her up. have  great fun making the movie and i cannot wait to see it!

January 27, 2014 03:19 pm

Edward Brollachan

Great interview...really captured Vanessa, whom I had a chance to meet in Orlando a few weeks ago, along with Chris Greene, Richard Parrish, and the awesome Nicole Voas and Mike Voit.

It was a fascinating evening getting to see the core team of Unbridled Chaos, talking about their crafts, their plans, the project, and just being regular, cool and funny people to hang out with.
January 27, 2014 03:24 pm

Ember Iketo

You have a camera and you're invisible. Where do you go and what do you take pictures of? People singing in the shower. 

I really like her honesty here because frankly a lot of people probably would have lied or gave some crap half thought up answer.

Kudos to her :)

January 27, 2014 04:10 pm

Briahne

This is a lady I would love to meet and take notes from.  Art is hard to actually get in on, any kind of art and those that go for it are my personal inspirations.  I enjoyed this interview with her and it's ability to let others see what a growing actress strives for and wants to do with her work.  It's not often anyone gets this chance, let alone take this opportunity to read things such as this and I am so grateful that Dr. Van Helsing posted the interview on Bloddletting.  Thank you DVH for this, it gave me an insight on possibly how to go about my own art.

January 27, 2014 04:32 pm

Caroline

I find it twisted on how similiar her replies were to what mine would be. I always tend to throw some off the wall humor into everything, and she seems to do the same. I love how she doesn't seem to care what people would think of her based on her replies. I must meet this woman and we must make some amazing babies together (even though we're both female). x]

January 27, 2014 04:48 pm

KrystalSkye

Wonderful interview. I wish her much luck in all she does. She's very entertaining . January 27, 2014 05:14 pm

Madilyn De Loncour

She would be a person that I would like to meet. At least she is a clean breath of fresh air to me for the screen. Not arrogant, very honest. I believe she is prettier than Tina. An awesome interview which was very entertaining and made me laugh.

January 27, 2014 05:21 pm

Bree Ravencroft

Yay come to the witch side Vanessa, and we'll be the cause and the cure for much chaos and insanity. Good luck with Unbridled Chaos and future projects as well.

January 27, 2014 05:37 pm

Cheshire

Wow, people on this site are so creative! 

You earned my respect.

January 27, 2014 05:45 pm

Zaria M

Very good interview. I like her honesty she seems great and down to earth not enough people in the industry like that anymore.

January 27, 2014 05:50 pm

Gaia Shakira

Wow this is my first time watching an interview and such a wonderful person too especially being an actress.  I just had to come see.  This was a great interview and I have to agree she seems down to earth in my opinion.  She really showed how real she is like anyone of us and not above anyone.  I wish her continued success.  Way to go Vanessa.

January 27, 2014 08:53 pm

Lenny Shultz

Speaking of unbridled, Vanessa seems free and happy to say the first thing she thinks. What a great interview; thanks for sharing! January 27, 2014 09:03 pm

Naberius_Reum

Enjoyed the interview. Found her answer to the following question pretty awesome seeing how Freeman is a badass actor. A follow up question I'd like to ask is, -IF I was the one interviewing the lovely lady- why him? What acting abilities does he have that she finds intriguing enough to want him to be her ...

Who plays you in the story of your life? Morgan Freeman

All in all I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing more about her. :)
January 27, 2014 10:26 pm

DucenLux

This was a fantastic interview, and I'm fairly certain she will go far.

One thing that I personally would like to reflect upon is the statement she made

"Maybe if I went to a shrink they'd say that there was a need for escape or some mumbo jumbo?"

to the question regarding why she wanted to become an actress. This is actually, and yes you guessed it, accurate response a shrink would give. Although many actors all across history have been using acting to portray a sense of feeling and being, the most common aptitude is an escape route from normal life. Actors, Actresses, Theatre Geeks alike all want to play a role outside of themselves. Striving to go that extra mile to make the character that much more real. 

I feel this response, though played in a joking manner, may have som e deep merit. I find it to be very inspiring to say the least. 

Very well done. :)

January 28, 2014 12:02 am
1 | 2 | Next
Actives (29) Fresh Blood (0) View All The Fallen (2) Graveyard
Elis Griffyn, Miakoda Silverwolf, Dutchies Prize, Archie Andrews, Randall Pearson, Nomi Marks, Frankie Sonder, Dark 6, Dark 2, Nathan Maloney, Betty Cooper, Kevin Pearson, Wolfgang Bogdanow, Coyote Sonder, Dark 4, Orangesrlife, Ella Orlav V, Cheryl Blossom, Jack Pearson, King Arthur, Jughead Jones, Kate Pearson, Lito Rodriguez, Robert Sonder, Dark 1, Dark 3, Kingston Donovan, Veronica Lodge, Beth Pearson    Celyne Kyloski
Shaun Fowlere 
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger1 | Blogger2 | Twitter | FB Group | FB Fan Page