Current Time: 10:52 am EDT

In a Mad World, Only the Mad are Sane

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) Prev | 1 | 2
  Creator Post Date

Quinn Abernathy

Do whatever he says.

She hesitates, but she nods.

In no way does Quinn even begin to realize the possibilities for what might be in store for her. Gideon had always warned her that John is capable of terrible things, and she has seen the outcome of some, but it is impossible for her to imagine. Her mind just doesn't work that way. It is so hard to get into that dark place where her mind might be able to reflect and dwell on the less savory portions of life.

Sliding down the wall, she guides herself to sit where she stands, knees hugged to her chest. While she doesn't know what is in store for her, she does know that she will hate it. She knows that Gideon will hate it. She feels hopeless, and helpless, and is trying desperately to cling on to the idea of a better future.

A little house with a big porch, in the country in Wyoming. A kitchen where she can bake and cook, and a dark room for her to develop her photos. A dining room with a great big table that they would likely never share with anyone else. A garden for Gideon, and animals for her.

"I miss you, so much," Quinn's voice is small, despite the win. She will do her part, but she is scared and even a little defeated.

"I keep trying to help, and it keeps getting worse because we're so disconnected there. We can't talk. We... they keep us apart, and I want to do something that will help you. It's why I thought of this. Because making friends is the only thing I'm really good at."

She falls silent for a moment, pressing her lips together in an attempt to stifle herself. "I can do this. We can do this, and we're going to get out of there, and we're going to be okay."
February 06, 2018 07:31 pm

Gideon Abernathy

“I miss you, too.” It’s almost automatic, a recording on reserve for such times. The sentiment is there, he feels the distance that only seems to widen with every passing day, and he remembers the times when they were much closer. But the chasm seems impossible to close, and he can’t help but wonder what’s in store for them.

His doubts and fears are his own, however, and she needs his support.

Pushing off the couch, he slides down the wall next to her, an oof escaping him as he hits the floor a little harder than intended. He masks the hesitation he feels as he wraps an arm around her shoulders and pulls her into his side. “You’re making the best of an admittedly terrible situation. We’ll get through this, one way or another. We always do.” Pressing a kiss to top of her head, he lingers, as if pulling away would mean losing the moment to the darkness that looms over them.
February 06, 2018 07:40 pm
Prev | 1 | 2
Actives (13) Fresh Blood (1) View All The Fallen (0) Graveyard
Marcus Clarke, Louis Middleton, Murhaaja Kuolemaa, Gideon Abernathy, Isis Dracul, Lilim, Yuri, Dimitri, Claudia, Logan Reed, Li Kuroda, Mallory Quarters, Orangesrlife  Eleri Draven   
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger | Twitter | FB Group | FB Fan Page