Current Time: 11:56 pm EDT

Counting Stars

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) 1
  Creator Post Date

Lesprit

(If anyone wants to join, please feel free.)

A small figure lay nestled high up above the cities lights. Her lips moving slowly as she counted, wide brown eyes flicking two and fro across the starry sky. The gentle breeze sent the tall grass around her swaying. Tonight was her own personal therapy session. She knew this place wasn't often empty at night but she knew it was a place she felt at peace.

Deep breath in.

Deep breath out.

Repeat.

Count the stars as they blink and shimmer above and let the world melt around you. The headphones settled over her ears helped block out the sounds of the night as she counted. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. One more night. One more breath. One more moon rise. One more morning. She closed her eyes as she let herself simply float. It was hard some night. Since her breakdown she had gotten help and it was getting so much better but she still struggled with letting others know when she was struggling. So she began this little ritual.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Count the stars.

The soft grass under her was a comfort as she focused on the panic in her chest. Don't push it down. Confront it. Above her a small orb seemed to be forming, pulling shadow from her before dispersing in golden sparks. It was never easy walking this tight rope but she was doing it. Holding herself steady and with each admission of her feelings it was growing wider, soon it wasn't a rope but a path. Lit by her loved ones. Warmed by their belief in her.

In.

Out.

Count again.

Her eyes opened wide and she found the panic that had been growing and gnawing at her was gone. Replaced by a sense of peace. A sense of strength. It used to be every night. Then every other. Once a week. Once a month. It had been three months since her last counting session. She was making progress and it made a soft smile curl her lips. She was getting better.
April 07, 2018 03:46 am

Lesprit

"Hello again, Old Friends."

The statement was made to no one in particular as Aurelia stood on her hill once more. Tonight was a bit different. The panic in her chest was warm, not fear but excitement. Butterflies instead of bats. But still she returned to this most sacred of spots.

They were lovely of course, they were always lovely. Twinkling overhead like diamonds suspended in a web of black velvet. But still something was different. The soft fronds gave way to her body, cushioning her and their companions closing over her in a gentle curtain. From her clinic, her feet had carried her. Through familiar streets, up the well worn path, to the peak of the hill where it almost seemed the stars would reach down and whisper their secrets to those willing to listen.

Her headphones slipped over her ears and the searching eyes drifted close, the soft sounds of her music drowning out the world. She had to smile at the song that came up, a classic that she loved. Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb. The music came to life on the back of her eyelids as the colors swirled around her in her cocoon of grass and music.

The songs came and went, one after the other, marching along like the steady beat of her heart. It was slowly, so slowly, that she understood why she had come here tonight. Her eyes opened slowly as her left arm rose to reach for her distant watchers. In that moment a new star sparkled above, nestled in silver and winking at her cheekily was the stone that proved to her she was moving forward.

Someone loved her. Truly loved her. Every jagged edge and blind curve. Every flaw and feat. They loved her enough to break down her walls and drag her out kicking and screaming. She never thought she would feel the weight of a ring on that finger but now that it was there she wondered how she ever lived without it.

"Oh my friends, I may be visiting less and less." She smiled, "I've found another star that can walk by my side. And someday, I may shine as bright as he does."

A soft wind rustled the grass and as the moon set and the sun began its sleepy climb shadows fell on the empty cocoon. An unsure Caterpillar had finally discovered the beauty that resides in her, even without her wings.
April 12, 2018 02:11 am

Diego Kravenoff

It always easy to find Aurelia. I don't why its like I'm always drawn in her direction. I was headed in the direction of her clinic but changed direction. Seeing her being bathed in the moonlight. Standing a top the hill looking like a goddess of beauty. Don't tell Aphrodite I said that or this but she was the most beautiful being I'd ever laid eyes on. I wanted to go up there but this hill felt like I was intruding. This was her spot and I'd rather not well intrude. I'd wait. April 12, 2018 06:56 pm

Lesprit

Her soft voice sounded behind him, "Spying Diego? I'm disappointed." She had a bright smile on her face as she gazed up at him." His presence was something she could always feel. Warm like sunbeams soothing her and lightening her mood. Aurelia slipped her arms around his waist, leaning into his broad chest as her eyes drifted shut once more.

It was strange, just standing here listening to his heart beat. It was like she was transported. Just his simple touch made her feel safe and centered. Her head lifted to peek up at him, the rising sun shimmering in her eyes. "Sorry for staying out all night again. I wanted to think about some things."

Leaning up on tip toe she pressed a soft kiss to his lips before murmuring, "Good morning, my king."
April 12, 2018 08:32 pm

Diego Kravenoff

"Wouldn't call it spying just a bit worried that's all." I said resting my head on hers. I nodded as I had her now. Not a need to worry as she kissed him. "Good morning my queen." I said before kissing her back. April 13, 2018 11:30 am

Lesprit

Those wide brown eyes twinkled happily as she slid her hand into his and led the way back to their home. Home, a word she hadn't used much till he came along. The manor had just been a house and she had simply been existing inside of it. Practicing her craft and for lack of a better term, haunting the place. Sure she had had lovers but none that seemed to want to stay by her side for long.

Her brown curls bounced as she turned to look at him. Home could be a person as well, she had learned. A goofy smile like a welcoming beacon, strong arms like walls to hold her heart. She wondered if he knew how much loved him. How she would always fight at his side, and if needed, would give her life for his in a heartbeat.

Thanks to him she had succeeded in things she had once thought impossible, banished the demons of her past, and discovered the light that glowed inside of her. This man was many things. A friend, a lover, now a fiance, a king. But he was the most important thing as well. He was hers and she was his. This thought summoned the familiar smile that he had learned was just for him before she spoke. "Let's go home, Diego."
April 21, 2018 04:43 am

Diego Kravenoff

I was kinda staring into space as we walked in silence that morning. Soft, gentle, quiet and always comfortable. Her hand though small fit mine perfectly as did her body whenever I held it close to mine. Her head resting just a bit over my heart so she heard the quickening beats each time I held her. So she knew exactly how she affected me. I looked down at her to see her brown eyes staring up at me. That smile that tend to leave me in a puddle as I returned the goofy one she adored. Her words saw me pulling her into a kiss. "I am home my queen." I said against her lips. "They say home is where the heart is and my heart is before me right now." April 21, 2018 09:23 am
Actives (12) Fresh Blood (2) View All The Fallen (3) Graveyard
Sofia Johanneson, W_Kat, Lesprit, Jace Remington, Briahne Dancescu, Artemis, Remus, mist, Ella Donovan, Damian Crusher, Summer, Mallory Quarters  Alex Falker
Remus 
CC3969
Archie Kramer
Lurlene Pickens 
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger | Twitter | FB Group | FB Fan Page