Current Time: 05:48 pm EDT

You spin me right round

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) 1
  Creator Post Date

Autumn Summers

Another day. Another dollar. Another drink.

More often than not, Autumn lost track of the days… nights… weeks, Hell, even months. Why bother when most of it mattered little anymore? She no longer had a driving force in her life. No significant other. Few friends. Dead siblings and silence from those alive. They were living their own lives and she would never begrudge them that. Not after their shared history.

What did that leave?

Work. Gardening. Caring for Maddie. General puttering around the house, and not much else. Honestly, the redhead was well on her way to becoming a crazy cat lady. She lacked only a few more cats.

Maybe she’d go adopt one tomorrow…

But that would be then, and this was now.

Now, the music of a band she didn’t recognized thumped in her ears and hundreds of others occupying the large club. Bodies of all shapes and sizes danced. Sat. Talked. Laughed. Drank. It was easy to lose oneself in the dark environment. More than a few were here for just that - an escape from their lives.

In a while, she would finish her own drink, abandon the small table, and wade into the sweaty crowd. She, too, wanted to lose herself. If someone decided to get too familiar, chances were they’d end up her dinner. Or punching bag. It entirely depended on her fancy at the time. Either way, it helped release pent up energy. She wasn’t quite spoiling for a fight...

More than once already, the woman rebuffed the attentions of a man who thought a petite redhead drinking alone in such a place constituted a crime of sorts. Once, not so very long ago, their advances would have been welcome. No longer. In the middle of all those people, Autumn wanted to be alone. More specifically, the ones whose company she desired did not reciprocate.

She brought the glass to her lips only to discover it empty. The irony was not lost on her.
July 04, 2018 09:10 pm

Camille Hammond

[[ There was something about the way that humans had began interacting with each other that put Eligos in a sense of distress. It seemed they'd simply blinked and two hundred years had gone by, humanities soft cushion of civility and charm having gone right out the window. While it made things more difficult for them (ahem, having to adjust ones eloquence in a matter of moments is most distressing), they were also less likely to stick out like a sore thumb when their aggravation had become... Apparent. To put it mildly, people were raging d!cks, and it seemed that that was to be expected. ]]

Camille's body had opened up many doors for Eligos. Wherever they went, her bright eyes and lithe form exuded some sort of innocence that disarmed (most) people in an instant. While Cami herself had always been aware of this, the girl hadn't thought much of it in the past and so she hadn't been likely to use these features to her advantage. Eligos, however... Elated. It was like they'd been exalted. On their plate, a rare, juicy steak cooked at exactly the perfect temperature until it's middle was a perfect medium pink. Their's for the taking and, oh, were they going to indulge.

From the depths of what was left of her soul, Cami lay (nearly) dormant. Sentenced to consciousness while a demon wreaked havoc on both her life and the world itself. Her attempts at control had been futile, her meek voice rendered useless save for the very dull headache she caused with her unwavering commentary. One thing they'd yet to get rid of -- her detest. Camille absolutely abhorred Eligos, and she would not be entirely silenced. It seemed there was nothing that they could do about it, and it was the only thing that brought her hope.

She watched apathetically; lethargic as she'd succumbed to her captivity. Eligos moved swiftly in and out of crowds with her small body, charming men and women alike with the batting of pale lashes painted black. But the familiar whirr in the pit of her stomach was unavoidable when her attention caught on to a face that she found familiar. It wouldn't go unnoticed by Eligos, either. It never did. It seemed they'd an affinity for using her feelings against her -- like some game of cat and mouse, though the mouse had already been decapitated.

It didn't seem to bother them. They'd derived the same amount of pleasure from her misery either way.

['Don't do this. I barely even know her, find someone else to torment.']

But Camille's slim fingers were already wrapped around the cool glasses of drinks in either of her hands; the condensation dripping down her skin and over her knuckles. It was possible that they hadn't gotten the drink right, but the smell of the contents of Autumn's glass were potent enough, and they'd made an educated guess just the same. Slipping into the only other empty chair, Camille's body limped against it's cool metal bones, sliding the glass across the table to where the redhead could reach it should she so please.

"I would have snapped his fingers clear from his body." She grinned, almost speaking into the glass as she began to close the distance between the drink and her mouth, "I commend your sense of self control."
July 09, 2018 11:08 am

Autumn Summers

Surrounded by bodies, assaulted by the constant cacophony of music and steady buzz of conversation, even armed with supernatural senses, Autumn put herself into a position to be approached and not notice. Shame on her. The mingling scents made picking one in particular out near impossible as well. Of course, the self imposed numbness accounted for part of it. Thus, Autumn was not aware of Camille’s approach as she lamented the empty glass until the woman made herself comfortable in the empty seat.

Cool emerald eyes regarded the distantly familiar blonde after an initial flash of hostility at the intrusion. Didn’t people know that if a person is alone in a place like this, it was by design? Stupid sheep. But Autumn had brief dealings with Camille in the past and was well aware she did not fit into the sheeple category.

So, she chose to at least see what the woman wanted.

"I would have snapped his fingers clear from his body. I commend your sense of self control."

Interesting choice of words to break the ice.

Instead of giving an immediate reply, Autumn slid her empty glass to the midway point on the table and swept up the fresh glass offered by Camille. She brought the rim up to her mouth and sniffed once. Easy enough to slip substances into drinks. Although, if there was no scent, she’d probably be f*cked.

But that’s life.

Autumn sipped, eyes on the other woman. The waiting game could be considered petty. It was petty. She learned it from the best. Here’s looking at you, Gray Taylor.

In her own good time, the glass found the table again, and she spoke.

“Good guess, but no cigar,” Autumn tipped her head toward the alcohol, decidedly not her Johnnie Walker Blue. “I’ll give you an honourable mention for the effort. As for the man, snapping his fingers is too easy. It isn’t a matter of self control. It’s knowing when to strike… if it’s worth the effort. Now, what can I do for you? Or are you here to show me your arse again?”
July 13, 2018 01:09 pm

Camille

Her easy blues settled over Autumns hands while she slid the glass across the table. She swept up the fresh glass and pulled it to her lips, leaving Camille in suspense for a short time as the blonde tried to decipher whether she'd gotten the drink order correct. It became increasingly clear that Autumn was playing the hold-you-tongue game, and though she desperately wanted to roll her eyes heavily into the back of her head, she merely blinked; tongue darting out to wet her lips before she withdrew it back into her mouth with a soft hiss.

Eligos had effectively thinned her patience. It was no fault of her own that her blood seemed to boil at the act. But Eligos themselves had eternity to wait, even it if made Camille itch incessantly.

So she stared. A bored look etched into her features. Slow blinks. A soft loll of her head. A slow smile (and obviously forced) smile forming over her lips. Autumn finally speaks, and Eligos deflects all of her words. They don't open up Camille's mind for absorption. The point the other girl is making doesn't land, because they don't want it to. It happened more often than Camille would have liked. The small blonde may have been present in the moment, but she most certainly was not in control.

"You may keep your mention." Her words move softly through the air. Tone seemingly unnerved. "I'd prefer you kept our meeting between us." And then her eyes began to slighten, but the small smile that gathered at the corner of her mouth was reluctant to dissipate. "You seem rather down, ami. I suppose my concern is less of what you can do for me."

For the sake of eradicating any confusion, she adds, "Rather, what can I do for you?" She pulled her own glass to her lips, taking a slow sip and allowing the bitter liquid to temper in her mouth before swallowing. "You may believe you've been around long enough to laugh at the prospect of fate, but..."

It was bullsh-t. There's nothing fate inspired here. They both know it. But Eligos was privy to spouting utter sh-t at any given moment. Cam could do nothing to stop them.
July 31, 2018 12:23 pm

Autumn Summers

Make no mistake, Autumn watched every tiny nuance of the small blonde’s demeanor. Years of practice in learning to read body language was one of the things that kept her (and siblings) alive during the darkest parts of her young life. It also meant the fiery redhead knew how to push buttons when it suited her, like now.

Around the pair, bodies continue to flow. Men looked their way, perhaps took a step or two toward them. Then they seemed to sense the dampened intensity between the dainty females and decided there was easier prey to be had elsewhere.

Autumn noticed this and it amused her endlessly. Maybe there’s hope for the male gender, after all.

The blonde across from her started to speak again and recaptured her wandering thoughts. No need to be rude. Yet.

She expressed the expected amount of mild interest in what the woman had to say, right up until the words, ‘Rather, what can I do for you?' fell from those oh-so-kissable lips, as if she hadn’t been drawing attention to them since her arrival at the table with all the sipping and lip wetting. The rest only served to make matters worse.

Whatever small amount of warmth or friendliness Autumn felt prepared to offer disappeared. The lines of her face sharpened. Those green eyes hardened into agates. If her temper hadn’t already been on edge to begin with, who’s to say the reaction wouldn’t be different? But that was not the case. That seemingly innocent question triggered her for many reasons - both distant and recent.

With deliberate care, lest she smash yet another glass in her hand, Autumn drained the rest of the liquor and placed the now empty tumbler onto the table. She leaned forward, menace written all over every movement, and stopped less than a foot away from the blonde.

“Allow me to be perfectly clear, just so you don’t misunderstand… First, f*ck fate. I make my own. Second, there is nothing you can do for me. Nothing you can offer. Even if by some infinitesimal chance there was, those things always come with a price, and I am unwilling to give you a goddamn thing. Now, if you’d like to keep that pretty face pretty, stay away from me,” Autumn all but hissed.

Giving no time for any reply, Autumn slid out from behind the table and melted into the crowd. Time to go home. Beyond time. Unless she wanted tomorrow’s headlines in the paper to include mass murder at a nightclub. Not to mention all that blood would be a pain to get out of her hair and clothes.

After she finally made her way through the crowds and out the doors, away from the music, the quiet of the night sounded deafening to her abused ears. At least the cool air helped to sooth her temper.

I need to find another hobby, she mused and tried to shove the encounter into the back of her mind.
July 31, 2018 01:26 pm
Actives (16) Fresh Blood (3) View All The Fallen (0) Graveyard
Zen Rex, Marah, Iodine Violet, Dessa Chambers, Jackson McCarthy, Jasp Thompson, Mordred, Cici, Jeremiah Jones, Quinn Abernathy, Mackenzie, Olivia Pierce, Andy Codin, Lorna Blake, Mallory Quarters, Marshmallow  Lorna Blake
_Shelly_
Ariok Sendricus 

Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger | Twitter | FB Group | FB Fan Page