Current Time: 08:43 pm EDT

Dream Big, Little One

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) 1
  Creator Post Date

Mackenzie

"Feb, c'mon now. It's fine."

Mackenzie is exasperated. There has been no convincing the man that nothing is out of place. So, there is some murderer running amok in London. Sat beside him, she leans in, looking over the screen of his phone as he reads the latest coverage of a local murder.

It started with animals. Police always suspected it. Whenever they made a mess, it was always the cause of death. Some sort of animal attack. Poor, sweet victims found dead due to some rabid dog or some such nonsense. And it was acceptable for them, because they were smart about it.

But now?

All the murders have been in one central location, a mere block from his obnoxiously ornate London apartment. It made their feedings difficult, especially when they had to tiptoe around some devasting mess the police were working through.

As much as Mackenzie tries to ease his tensions and get her beau to lighten up and quit worrying, she knows he is right. This is bad for them. She would hate to have to relocate. Such a pain, and she would really miss that shower.

"Alright. That.. that's enough for tonight, yea? Christ," she mutters to him, attempting to guide him to set the phone down. "You've been glued to this damn thing."

Giving up, she eyes their glasses upon the table. Not anywhere near empty. With one last glance at him, she lifts her glass to her lips and drinks it dry before taking his within her grasp, her intentions to do just the same.

A sideways glance is given to him before she stands from her seat, a hungry gait taking her to the bar for new drinks.

It isn't difficult for her to garner attention from others. Her mess of waves and curls has grown longer, seemingly unfitted to the petite girl's slender build. Dark jeans cling to her, and her boisterous red shirt cause her flesh to seem paler than it really is. Couple that with her heels and obvious attitude, and she is nothing but trouble.

But she ignores anyone who tries to speak to her. There wouldn't be dinner tonight, not with Victor in such a state.

Returning to the table, she would see a flaxen-haired woman talking to Victor. A small smirk would grace her features as she slides into the booth beside him, setting the glasses down and placing a showing kiss upon his cheek before turning her attention to the woman.

"Run along, Bambi. This one is spoken for."
July 07, 2018 05:53 pm

Victor Lockheed

No, it wasn’t fine.

Victor’s black gaze lacked any hint of warmth that came from a feed, particularly so as he threw Mackenzie a brief, surly glance before returning to the latest news report. He didn’t quite understand why she didn’t understand their predicament.

“I’ve owned that space for several decades, and I have no intention of being run off by someone with a death wish.”

Because a death wish was almost certainly what this was. This individual either had no concept of self preservation, wanted to get caught, or had some sort of beef with the pedestrians that happened to be on Bryn Road at the wrong time.

As his eyes moved across the article, he made a soft grunt of something bordering on amusement. “Well, it looks like they finally made the leap from animal to man. Woman, actually. They’re making a big deal out of it; female serial killers are apparently really rare. They’re calling her ‘Jane the Ripper’.”

However terribly interesting this was, it was entirely soured by the fact that this murderess was getting her jollies in his proverbial back yard. Victor never hunted close to home, being that he liked it there and didn’t want to jeopardize the location by having cops and detectives sniffing around his front door. With these murders taking place just down the road, it was now rare indeed to take a stroll without seeing a police car. Vigilant eyes in the area were bad news for Victor. A trained eye wouldn’t miss the fact that he had a very strange routine to his comings and goings.

"Alright. That.. that's enough for tonight, yea? Christ.”

Mackenzie had reached over to make a manual attempt to get him to lower his phone, but he merely swapped hands with his phone without missing a beat.

Absorbed in his own musings, he barely noticed Mackenzie downing both their drinks and making a run for more. He wasn’t even really reading now; instead, he was scrolling through pictures of the various crime scenes that were tame enough for the news site. Perhaps he could put a stop to this himself. It was only down the road, and he was certain he could spot a killer from a mile away. Takes one to know one, right? But how to do that without drawing any attention to himself..

“Oh my god… you’re here.”

The feminine trill of disbelief was undeniably directed at him, very near. Onyx eyes rose to see a woman with a tousled mess of curly blonde hair staring at him with very wide hazel eyes, lips parted with obvious surprise. She was standing right next to him. How did he not notice her approach?

Phone still raised as if he would begin ignoring her any moment, Victor gave her a smooth once over. She couldn’t have been older than twenty five, although she dressed as though she were firmly in her teens; she wore black shorts and a Mickey Mouse t-shirt that was probably a size too big. Her purse dangled dangerously from the slackened fingers of her right hand.

“Well, you’re not wrong. Goodbye.”

Studiously uninterested, he immediately returned to eyeing his phone, scrolling through the images with his thumb. The moment was short lived - he felt her hand touch his forearm, and his attention was forced back into the room yet again.

“I knew I would find you. I knew if I just stayed near Charing Cross and did it enough, I would find you. Or you would find me.”

Victor suddenly became very still.

Mackenzie arrived a moment later, sliding into the booth beside him and making a scene of claiming him for the other female to observe.

“Run along, Bambi. This one is spoken for.”

The woman’s eyes left Victor’s for barely a moment to glance at Mackenzie before returning to his face like a woman starved. Victor didn’t react to Mackenzie’s kiss; instead doing a perfect imitation of a statue as everything fell instantly into place.

Standing so close to him, it had finally caught on. She smelled like blood.

In one smooth movement that was too fast to be done in view of mortal eyes, Victor had her by the arm and was dragging her out the back door of the pub, blatantly uncaring of the many eyes that trailed them. To his muted surprise, there was no hint of struggle from the girl, who followed behind him without a word. If anything, she looked pleased.

Once outside, Victor tossed her against the back wall of the building, a hint of disbelief in his eyes. He could feel Mackenzie’s presence as she followed them out back, and he turned to her just enough to continue blocking any bodily route of escape for the stranger.

“It’s her. She’s the killer. Does she look familiar?” Victor pointed at her. “She should. We turned her back in New York to give to that fvcking Slayer. I turned her.” Without waiting for a response, he turned back to fully face the fledgeling, black eyes blazing. “So, you got away and came looking for me. For what. To kill me?”
July 07, 2018 08:28 pm

Mackenzie

The lack of reaction is what catches her attention, and her icy sights lock onto the woman. If Mackenzie had hackles to raise, they certainly would be now. Victor has already been stressed, but now it is abundantly clear that this woman is bothering him.

Couple that with the mere glance in Mackenzie's direction from the girl, and she is beyond angry. How dare she. How brazen could this stupid American be that she would think this is acceptable?

Turning where she sits to face the girl's poised stance, that threatening little snarl can be heard as her temper flares.

"Leave. Now."

Victor moves.

There is no hesitation as she follows him, uncaring of the watching patrons as she trails them. Let them stare, let them think what they will. No doubt, there would be talk of affairs, stalkers, or jealous girlfriends. Surely, it would be a fantastic story.

'Man leads woman out of pub, followed by angry girlfriend.'

Let them. She's hungry, and anyone that makes Victor this tense is a good enough meal for her.

And then, he turns to her.

The look within his black pools is slightly manic, something she never really sees from the man. It is so difficult to rile him like this, his temper usually even and cool. But this?

'It's her.'

A predator's gaze falls upon the young woman, and calculated steps are taken to step up beside the man. She can only stare for several moments, head tilting slightly in thought as Mackenzie's gaze flickers over her.

So, she escaped the drop and followed them. What could possibly be the actual issue? The issue itself would be solved in mere seconds, now. No more worries, and they could go on with their lives as per the norm.

Except...

She escaped, and nary a word was had from her aggressor. If Mackenzie had missed a delivery, there would have been hell to pay. It was promised several times over, and she is sure that they would have known.

But, here the girl is. Alive. Ish.

"Kill you? No. Never. I just knew I had to find you."

"Aw, f-ck sake," Mackenzie mutters, bypassing Victor completely and leaning in to get a better whiff of the girl. She even smells like Victor. And though she is inches taller than the Irish femme, Mackenzie doesn't shy away. "Le do thoil. She's a f-cking child."

Steps are taken back until she is beside the man once more, but not once does Mackenzie take her eyes off the girl. Trouble. This spells trouble.

Turning her head, she leans toward Victor and offers a whisper. Her intentions are clear. Fledgeling vampires are dangerous, and there is no room for this here. Best to end it all, before it can progress further. "She's got to go, Vic."

"But I've come so far, and searched for so long, and I've finally found you." All the while, the girl advances like a moth to the wicked flame. "I've worked so hard to make you proud. Aren't you happy?"
July 07, 2018 08:53 pm

Victor Lockheed

Underfed and taut with tension, the dark vampire was on a hair trigger when it came to his temper. Confronted by the fledgeling vampire, he’d jumped to the conclusion that she was there for revenge. Not a far leap, considering he’d effectively ended her human life, but he’d been too provoked to see what was really happening.

"Kill you? No. Never. I just knew I had to find you."

His brow furrowed as his handle on the situation slipped; he’d obviously misread what was going on. Mackenzie stepped forward and inspected the girl, cursing under her breath at what she’d found. Victor’s black eyes hardly moved from the fledglings face as Mackenzie stepped back toward him.

“Le do thoil. She’s a f-cking child.”

Immediately, he understood.

The murderous expression upon his face began to dissipate as intrigue took its place. Victor had sired the girl, it was true. He’d done this only a handful of times in his unlife, and never for reasons to suit himself. He’d heard stories of freshly turned Vampires having a.. unique sense of attachment to their sire. An unnatural, unearned loyalty. However, he’d never experienced it himself. Until now.

“She’s got to go, Vic.”

Mackenzie’s soft brogue was at his ear, so close he could feel her cool breath stir his hair. She was urging him to kill.

He loved when she did that.

"But I've come so far, and searched for so long, and I've finally found you. I’ve worked so hard to make you proud. Aren’t you happy?”

The girl’s soft curls bounced gently around her face as she began to approach them, her voice hitching as tears threatened to overcome her. She was genuinely heartbroken at the thought she’d failed.

How terribly fascinating.

Victor glanced briefly at Mackenzie, asking for her patience with merely a look before turning his attention to the seemingly heartbroken vampire before them. “You killed all those people to please me, is that what you’re saying?”

She nodded emphatically. “Yes, I did! I thought you would come looking for me if I did it enough, and I was right wasn’t I?”

Victor’s head tilted slightly to the side as he regarded her. “Yes, but not for the reason you think.”

The girl’s expression dropped faintly. “Then why were you looking for me?”

“Because you’ve been causing a lot of problems for me, killing indiscriminately in my territory like that. I wanted to find you so that I could rip your fvcking heart out.” Victor’s voice didn’t rise in anger; rather it remained calm and conversational. He slowly began to close the distance between himself and the fledgeling.

Her eyes had gone wide with horrified surprise and her hands lifted to cover her mouth. “I’m s-, I’m so sorry! I thought-”

“What did you think?” Victor’s face was inches from hers, his presence radiating a dangerous energy.

She whimpered quietly into her hands, tears beginning to roll down her cheeks as she blinked. A moment passed, and she lowered her hands from her mouth, only to clasp as the hem of her shirt. “I thought…” She spoke in measured, tearful words, clearly trying very hard to explain herself to him. “Since you’re a Vampire… and because of what you did to me… that this was what you wanted.”

Victor shook his head once. “You were wrong.”

Her brows lifted woefully as a barely repressed sob threatened to wrench itself from her mouth, held in check only by the quick return of her hands covering her face.

Victor watched this spectacle up close, intensely intrigued by the depths of her wish to please him for no apparent reason except for the joy of doing so.

He let her reside in her anguish for a few moments before he spoke again. “What’s your name?”

The answer came from behind her hands after a couple of choked attempts. “Grace.”

Victor’s hands lifted to grasp her wrists, pulling them slowly down to reveal her tear streaked face. “Do you know what would make me happy, Grace?”

“What?” Her watery, breathless reply came quick.

Victor’s black gaze bored intently into hers. “For you to listen, and do exactly as I say. From now on. Do you understand me?” His hands tightened upon her wrists, earning a quiet gasp from her.

“Yes, I understand. I promise, I’ll do whatever you say. Just please don’t leave me alone again..” Tears began to well within her eyes once more, but Victor was quick with his reassurances, his hands releasing her wrists to rise and take her face within them, wiping her tears away with his thumbs.

“Shh. Stop. If you keep that promise, then I won’t leave you alone, will I?”
July 19, 2018 11:43 pm

Mackenzie

One look. Mackenzie has gifted her whole self to the man, short of actually marrying him, and she gets a f-cking glance before he proceeds to the young vampire. What he would receive is a hard gaze that tells exactly how she feels about this situation. This is going to result in someone getting hurt, and through personal experience, Mackenzie knows it would usually be herself.

This is when she decides... the girl is going to have to die.

They're talking, and the words are barely registering in her mind. Victor is so close to this girl that she is sure the little freak is likely getting her jollies just by feeling his breath tickle at her flesh.

'You were wrong.'

"Victor, lets go."

The girl is crying. Sobbing. And Mackenzie's nerves are on edge. Everything she is seeing and hearing is putting her further and further in a dark place. She wonders, briefly, if this is the level of rage Solomon had felt that day when she returned to his apartment after sneaking out. Is this how frustrated he was, as they talked about it all? Is this level of madness that drove him to walk out on her?

A slight shake of her head.

Why the f-ck does Solomon matter anymore? He doesn't.

"Victor. Are you f-cking kidding me right now?"

There is no stopping it from escaping her. There he is, with this girl's face in his hands, wiping away her tears as if he cares. In a matter of minutes, this fledgling has garnered more tenderness and affection from him than she manages to pull from him in a week. Victor is not this man. He is not sweet.

But he is hers.

"In what f-cking world do you see this going well? What the f-ck are you going to do? Invite her home and allow her to sleep in our bed? Read her f-cking bedtime stories? What happens when she loses control? What happens when she murders everyone on the floor below? Or the lobby? Or when she forgets to close the f-cking blinds and roasts us in our sleep?"

Taking a deep breath, she tries to reel it in. Mackenzie knows her temper is something fierce. She knows that because of that, she is more than capable of doing everything she just suggested this child could do, out of anger. Grace. His perfect f-cking creation.

She wouldn't be so angry if this weren't such an extreme situation. Mackenzie has never heard of a fledgling following it's sire like this. Jameson did not do this. He never practically tried to crawl into bed with her. His sister was not so obsessed with Victor, either. But this one. She is latched on, and the Irish femme sees no signs of her letting go.

"She needs to go. And I need to call the f-cking Reverend."

Quiet steps would signal her approach, phone beeping gleefully to life. Grace was meant to die. She was created to die. Her purpose is still hers.
July 20, 2018 09:26 am

Victor Lockheed

Victor’s hands dropped from Grace’s face as Mackenzie began to give him a good dressing-down, her brogue rising in frustration as she listed off a few of the many things that she believed were reason enough to kill this little catalyst. Victor turned halfway to regard her, black eyes examining her eternally youthful face as she started to approach them.

"She needs to go. And I need to call the f-cking Reverend."

Like static in the air before a lightning strike, Victor felt the fledgeling tense up with a wicked intention at Mackenzie’s tirade, and he quickly turned to lay a hard stare upon her, a finger lifting to point in her face. “Don’t you move an inch. Understand?”

Shrinking under his murderous glare, the spring-like tension that had built up for Mackenzie melted away as she nodded her complete assent. However, his demand didn’t stop her from glaring her own daggers at the Irish vampire as Victor turned away to placate her.

Closing the distance between them, Victor leveled an exasperated gaze at his infuriating partner. “Come on, Mackenzie. You’re really going to call that pious freak here?” He made no move to force the phone from her hand, although he moved in close enough to cause distraction. Reaching up, he grasped an open side of her jacket and pulled her in so his lips were at her ear.

Voice lowering, he murmured against her skin. “Don’t ruin the fun, Mick… can’t you see how this could be somewhat interesting to me? Don’t you want to find out how far this goes?”

His deep voice had taken a persuasive turn, and he leaned back to regard her expression. “She’s obviously not staying with us. I’ll put her up in one of my safehouses.” His head tilted to the side slightly. “Does that make a difference?”
July 22, 2018 03:09 pm

Mackenzie

"These tricks aren't going to work this time, Feb."

Mackenzie, despite allowing his advances, is cold as a winter stone. Her icy stare lands upon him as he leans back, and she is ready to spring onto the young vampire. She hadn't missed it, the obvious intent to attempt to spring at her. Grace, for as sweet and innocent as she seems, is plenty fierce. And stupid.

It is after a quick glance in her direction that she looks at Victor and presses her lips to his in a heated claim. This girl would understand her place.

"Better her than one of us."

Phone still clenched in hand, she steps around Victor, stalking toward Grace with a murderous intent. And, as she stops just short, she can feel the girl's breath just as she is sure Grace can feel her own. "Do you understand why you were created? Do you understand that you were made to serve a purpose? You're alive, and so your existence endangers his."

Gritting her teeth, she practically hisses the only thing that matters. "That man is mine."

Grace is tensing again, and Mackenzie recognizes her desire to have a go at her. Honestly, she is ready. Let the b-tch come. There is nothing she wants more than to squeeze her head between her hands and let the chips fall where they may. Better to beg forgiveness than as permission. "Oh no, sweetheart. I wouldn't do that."

"Why not?" Her flat, American voice grates at Mackenzie's nerves. But she is ready. Grace has leaned forward, down into Mackenzie's space. She doesn't budge.

"Because he told you not to move, and it is for your safety."

Without a worry, she turns around and moves back to Victor, turning his own game on him. She doesn't worry about an attack. The girl wouldn't last a second, and Victor would never stand for that. No matter how ridiculous he is being now. Her free hand lands upon his chest, finding it's path to his shoulder as she leans in to breathe into his ear.

"You told me you were still here. But you won't still be here if she doesn't serve her purpose." Mackenzie is not above manipulation. She never has been, and she never will be.
July 24, 2018 08:23 pm

Victor Lockheed

“Damn.. and here I was, thinking you couldn’t resist me.”

Victor smirked at his icy companion, deeply enjoying how fierce she could be once she dug her heels in. It was frustrating that she was trying to rain all over his parade, but that didn’t mean he couldn’t still enjoy her attitude. In response, Mackenzie leaned up to press a heated kiss to his lips. As tantalizing as it was, he was sure it was more for Grace than for him. It felt possessive. He couldn’t help the grin that curled his occupied lips.

She broke away a moment later with a statement. “Better her than one of us.”

Well, he wasn’t going to argue that point.

Victor’s ebony gaze followed Mackenzie as she approached Grace, predatory intent clear with every step. The fiery Irish woman got in her face and reminded her of the reason she was created, and made it clear that her intention was to ensure her purpose was fulfilled. Mackenzie insisted that her existence endangered his, and Victor was sure he saw a moment of doubt upon the blonde’s face at that revelation.

However, the tension redoubled when Mackenzie voiced her claim upon him, pressing the buttons that she knew would stoke the fire. Victor crossed his arms with a sigh, well aware of the fact that Mackenzie could destroy this girl in an instant, and there was little that he could do to dissuade her if she really wanted to.

Threats issued, Mackenzie moved to return to Victor’s side, clearly not concerned about being attacked from behind. As furious as Grace was, it wasn’t hard to miss the fact that she was vastly outclassed. She wouldn’t last a second if she attempted to make a move. Not least of all because Victor would have her head removed from her shoulders before she knew it.

”You told me you were still here. But you won't still be here if she doesn't serve her purpose.”

Mackenzie’s words, quiet against his ear, silenced any retort that he had at the ready. He couldn’t deny that the threat of the nearly omnipresent slayer weighed on his mind. Victor still hadn’t found a way to level the playing field, and was loathe to put Mackenzie in a compromising situation because of his curiosity. He wasn’t particularly concerned about himself; he was small potatoes compared to her. No, if the Reverend was going to pick one of them up, it would almost certainly be her.

Their eyes met, and a silent agreement passed between them. Sighing with a minute nod, he sealed Grace’s fate. Reaching into Mackenzie’s jacket pocket to retrieve her phone, he placed it in her hands so she could make the call. Looking over his shoulder at Grace, he offered something of a consolation.

“Sorry, kiddo. Nothing personal.”
August 03, 2018 10:45 pm

Mackenzie

A glance of gratitude is passed from the wily vampiress at the moment of his consent. She knew he would revisit his better judgment.

Phone in hand, Mackenzie fails to bother to even glance in Grace's direction. The girl should be dead, right now. And Victor... well, that is an entirely different issue. Mackenzie cannot quite decide if he is getting his jollies from her possessive jealousy, or the freakish way Grace seems to kiss the ground he walks on.

'Sorry, kiddo. Nothing personal.'

Grace begins to sob.

Honestly. She has seen newborns. Mackenzie has made her own. None of them have ever reacted in this way, and it makes her wonder if there were some underlying issues with Grace's mental health before she was chosen to be fodder for their cannon.

It is with an annoyed sigh that she brings the phone to her ear, resting her forehead against Victor's chest.

It rings.
And rings.
And rings.

Mackenzie grows restless, letting out a huff of frustration as her shoulders tense as the voicemail sounds off. That sh-tty voice with his sh-tty message she had never heard before. He sounds just as pious and pale as he is in person, cruelty teeming within his voice. She would never forget how it felt to be shackled to a chair and stare into those eyes, listen to that voice, and know how completely f-cked she was.

"We had a f-cking agreement," She starts off, practically hissing into message. "Call me back."

Hanging up, she slips the phone back into her pocket and takes a moment for her own mental health. He didn't pick up, which is already bizarre. But now, they are forced to keep Grace until they find out what is going on.

Or do they?

Lifting her head, those sapphire hues land upon Grace, locking on to the girl as she considers everything. Kill her, or don't. Is this some new game? A new study? Or did the Reverend honestly fail to hold up his end of the bargain? There is not a chance in hell that he would forget, or let something go undone.

The question escapes her before she can even stop herself. "Did he send you here?"

The look upon Grace's face is that of confusion, heavily veiled behind anger and annoyance. But, she doesn't answer. There is no yes or no, nor a shake of her head. It is pure silence from Victor's blond cherub, and it is purposeful. Blood boiling, Mackenzie's hand drops from Victor's shoulder, and she makes things all that much clearer.

"You need to tell us what happened. Now."
August 04, 2018 08:39 am
Actives (12) Fresh Blood (2) View All The Fallen (2) Graveyard
Cristina Scabbia, Parisa Tournier, Raven_D, John Preston, Negan__, Raze Wraith, Jay Lian, Mystic-husky, Khellen, Mallory Quarters, The Great Pumpkin, Summer Summers  Asher Crown
Kiera 
Jameson Snorlav
Zombie Khellen 
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger | Twitter | FB Group | FB Fan Page