Current Time: 03:31 pm EST

Shadow of Avalon

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) 1 | 2 | 3 | Next | Last
  Creator Post Date

Shelly

*I flying over the English countryside debating whether or not to get a summer home. I loved my hometown in New Orleans but the sumer there was unbearable; the heat and the mosquitoes combined usually forced me to stay inside. While I was on my train of thought I flew into a fog only to find myself on an island. Slowly bringing myself to the ground I can examine my new surroundings trying to see where I was at. The magic that flowed through the island was strong and I had seen some fairies whizzing by scavenging for food. The island itself while still retaining what magic it had was comepletely derelict. It seemed that whoever or whatever once resided here is now gone. I sighed to myself.*

A bit of a fixer-upper, but this place would make a nice summer home.

*I ventured forward, the fairies keeping their eyes on me out of curiosity and fear. I stumbled an old ruined tower, a wizard's tower.*

Huh, strange.

*Approaching the tower I touched the door only for magic to stop me from entering. I manifested a voodoo needle and pricked the door with it causing the magic barrier to dissipate. Filled with excitement and anticipate of what might lie beyond I opened it.*

January 12, 2019 03:01 pm

Shelly

*I entered the tower not knowing what to expect. The place was larger in the inside and rather dusty but, manageable. Volums and volumes of books were within the shelves along with many magical items. I was gonna take my time to explore the tower and figure out its secrets.*

January 14, 2019 09:00 pm

Shelly

*During my little exploration I stumbled upon an old journal and picked it up. I sat down by the empty fireplace with a bottle of sweet tea I had with me. I perused through the pages occasionally sipping my tea, apparently the journal once belonged an apprentice mage. Most pages where about the training until journal the island's location. I spat out my drink.*

Sweet Zombie Jesus! I'm in Avalon? Well, damn this was a helluva find.

*I continued reading until it got to the point where the magic of Avalon was fading.*

*Fading? I thought to myself, but the magic here is quite strong. Ah, but perhaps it did fade at one point but has now returned. The journal finished with mage leaving Avalon to find a more hospitable location. I closed the journal and took a deep breath. I pulled out nanites, bees, and ants that were hidden within my chitin. The Tower was now mine and I am gonna see if I can return the island to its former glory.*

January 28, 2019 04:52 pm

Shelly

*While the Tower was undergoing it's transformation such as developing massive hives and nanites curculating everywhere I exited the Tower and explored the island. The fae seemed to avoid which is fine. At least they'll be out of my way as I work.*

Ok then... Where to begin.

*I held out my hand, my magic seeking what could be wrong with the island. My magic pointed eastward, perhaps a place to start.*

February 02, 2019 12:25 am

Shelly

*I followed the trail my magic left behind to a barren landscape and a large dead tree. I manifested a voodoo needle and stuck it to the tree so I can see what was going on. The needle said there was a deep corruption that took over the tree. I took a deep breath and worked on a ritual to cleanse it.*

Hmmm let's see if I can get rid this. And perhaps I can find an answer to this mystery.

*I thought to myself. *

February 04, 2019 03:41 pm

Shelly

*Before I started the ritual I noticed something at the corner of my eye and decided to investigate. Upon closer inspection, it was a wounded fairy dragon the size of a rat and its beautiful butterfly wings were badly damaged to the point it couldn't fly.  The poor thing was also extremely skinny from lack of food, and it also seemed to be guarding its nest. I figured this was a mother as I slowly extended my hand towards her wings. The dragon chirped weakly at me seeming to be afraid of me, my hand stopping at mere inches of the damaged wings. Tendrils of my magic reached to the wings and started to heal them, the dragon chirped repeatedly. Once I was done healing her, the tiny dragon fluttered her wings and mewled in surprise. I pulled out a large bowl and filled it with the honey from my have and gently set it down before the fairy dragon. She sniffs it before dipping her long proboscis-like tongue into it. The dragon chiped happily and used her tongue to eat the honey. More fairy dragons started to come out and get their fill of the honey. I went back to my spot and started the ritual.*

February 05, 2019 09:10 pm

Shelly

*The small pyre I created for this cleansing ritual erupted into a pillar of green flames, my whole body shaking as tribal chanting, drums, and other instruments echoed around me. I was performing a hoodoo cleansing and my pleasure the corruption within the tree was appeared to be fleeing. Flowers upon the tree started to bloom as the corruption left it giving off a wonderful scent.. Once the corruption was gone a strong breeze embraced me and the tree, the fairy dragons chirping in unison in joy. The chanting and music stopped as I closed my eyes and smiled savoring the wind and flowers. Once I opened my eyes I noticed a small glow in the roots of the tree. I got closer and to my surprise it was a small griffin incased in a crystal. I pulled it out and closely examined the crystallized griffin; most likely it was a baby as it was no larger than a house cat. The griffin was white and appeared to be of a snow owl and snow leopard variant. The crystal began to break away.*

February 09, 2019 01:43 pm

Shelly

*Once the crystal completely broken off from the griffin, she had opened her eyes. While the crystal was falling off I had to examine the griffin to get a better understanding. The groffin mewled and squirmed in my arms. I gently set her down where she wandered by the now beautiful, flowering tree then came to me. She rubs herself against my legs and purred as I smiled.*

Well, ain't ya a sweetheart.

*I crouched down stroked her head and beak.*

I think I'll call you, Cirrus.

*Cirrus was in complete bliss as I picked her up and continued to pet her. I went to back to my tower trying to strategize what I should do next.*

February 15, 2019 09:07 am

Shelly

*I set Cirrus down on the bed while I texted the Donahues. Perhaps they can help me and shed some light on this situation. I created a beacon to serve as a waypoint when I need to leave the island and guide my friends here. I sent the text out saying that I need help here and wondered if they can come by. All I could do now was wait.*

February 15, 2019 01:49 pm

Donahue

*Daddy received a text message from Shelly saying she wanted us to come over at her new place and help her. I was excited as I grabbed a few things for my trip, Daddy packed up as well and even was gonna bring Sigurd along for the trip. I was sure the cat would be happy to get out of the forge for a bit. We followed the beacon and greeted Shelly, I glided down to her and hugged her. Daddy wraps an arm around her as well.  Daddy cooed.*

What do ye need our help for?

*He looks around and sighs.*

Not exacly cozy I'll put it that way.

*I shuddered.*

There's something bad here...

*Daddy looks back at Shelly. *

There is a corruption here... And you're trying to get rid of it?

*I look up at Shelly.*

Well if that's the case. I wanna help!

*Daddy growled.*

Easy now, my little Cub. We don' know what we're dealing with.

February 16, 2019 12:11 am

Shelly

*I nodded still holding Aiofe in my arms.*

Well, there is a corruption running deep here. I was gonna make this summer home but got somethings here to take care of. Guys, this is Avalon.

*I took a deep breath and sighed.*

I figured I could use your help here. I don't know what I'm up against and I feared that I alone won't be enough. Plus after we're done straightening this place up, we'll get to see it's former glory.

February 16, 2019 04:06 pm

Donahue

*I gasped in excitement.*

My friend, Cu Chulainn is here! But imprisoned by a evil looking serpent.

*Sigurd huffed.*

Looks like we have our work cut out for us. But to be on Avalon itself, even I would never have thought to even be on it. 

*Daddy sighed.*

I dunno how much help we'll be. But we'll do our best.

February 16, 2019 05:49 pm

Shelly

*I lead the Donahues to my tower but I as entered the tower I furrowed my brows.*

Evil-looking serpent? What did he look like?

*Cirrus the tiny griffin greeted us, mewled happily, and started prancing by our feet. I went over to the bedroom.*

You set yer stuff by the bed if ya wanna.

*I sat down on the chair with Aiofe on my lap.*

I need full details on this matter, kiddo. Can ya give em to me?

February 16, 2019 05:57 pm

Donahue

Well, I started having visions of Cu Chulainn. We started talking and he says he's stuck here on Avalon. The snake? It's black with red eyes, has curly horns, square-shaped scales, and big teeth.

*Daddy set our stuff down and sat down on the bed. He takes a deep breath.*

And this is the first time she's having visions.

February 16, 2019 06:08 pm

Ronan Boru

* Ronan hadnt  been to Avalon  in  ages but  if his  friend  needed help  then  he  would  help  him  get  back  to  Tir na nog. Stargazer ,  Ronan's  black  dire wolf is at  his side as  always.*

"Well lets  see  what  help  we  can  offer  here if  any  shall  we  old  friend. Cu  needs  us and   we  will  help  as  best  we  can."  

*  Ronan  looks around every bit the  Irish  warrior  king.*

February 16, 2019 06:26 pm
1 | 2 | 3 | Next | Last
Actives (7) Fresh Blood (0) View All The Fallen (2) Graveyard
Mystic-husky, Eloise Buchanan, Ronan Boru, Averly Amoret, Mackenzie, Ophir Jadu, Mallory Quarters    Naoto Nishida
Angelishous 
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger | Twitter | FB Group | FB Fan Page