Current Time: 09:56 pm EDT

Interview with: Mackenzie !

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) 1
  Creator Post Date

Zoey

Today we sit down with Legendary Character Mackenzie, to gleam a little insight to what makes her tick, and how she views the Realm. She maybe even offer up a little advice to us in need.

Mackenzie is also our newest lvl 20, so a big congratulations to her on such an achievement!!

So here we go...

1.    You are a legendary character. Have you ever had to take a step back with a nice vacation to handle it all?

To handle the pressure of that? No. Not at all. It doesn't really feel any different, to be honest. There's no shiny badge or honor or anything. But I have taken my time away in the past, when needed.

2.    Are you currently a cover/sanctuary leader? How long, and is this your first? How many times have you been a leader?

I am. I reopened Sine Metu in September, after six years of bouncing around. Sine was my first true crew, but after an unfortunate series of events and, yes, a small time of reclusion - I lead quite a few crews. After Dark, with Jack. Sonder, with Solomon. I crashed and burned a Sanctuary somewhere in the middle. But I'm glad to be home, and intend to keep it that way.

3.    Have you ever been killed? How many times?

Have I ever... oh, yes. Several times over. The first was Shenanoska, I believe. I can't even remember what that was about. Then Sprew, and I maintain it was bullsh-t. But no hard feelings. Then Vegeance, which was also bullsh-t, and I absolutely hold a grudge. Then came Flint, a month later. Also bull ****. Edward... though I believe he'd agree when I say that I rather asked for it. To anyone else who has brought me low, you have my humblest apologies for forgetting you. Regardless of how many times someone has attempted to wipe my existence from the face of the Realm, I persisted. That's what matters to me.

4.    Have you ever race chanced?

I spent some time as a traitor to my race, yes. More than once, actually. The whole ideal of good versus evil is skewed. I've met some really sh-tty slayers, and some truly saint-like vampires. On the flip side, I've learned that your aligned races are not always the ones who will rally around you. Sometimes, support comes from where you least expect. It's only natural to gravitate toward those who want to see you succeed, and aren't complete arseholes.

5.    Do you have a current love interest?

F-ck it. Yes. I'm a walking cliché. After eight long years, I literally married my best friend. It was sudden, but I have no regrets on the matter.

6.    Are you currently ‘shipping’ anyone else?

You know, I hate to play matchmaker but... ladies, Hingle is single and ready to mingle.

7. If there was one person from your past that asked you to drop everything and join them, who would that be…and would you seriously consider that proposal?

This has actually happened to me a few times, and historically, there has been a ninety percent chance that I'll bite. Almost everyone who has waltzed back into my life has found me to be just crazy enough. But every once in a while, I rather wish Mordent would come back and woo my better senses into some sort of shenanigans. He was always good for a bit of fun, and I'd likely consider it, too.

8. Being a long standing member of the community, and witnessing first hand some of the changes that have come about in the Realm, do you think your Generation had an advantage, or a disadvantage over the newer Generations?

We have such a disadvantage, but not in the ways you'd think. Way back when, you didn't know who declared war on you. You had to sleuth it out. You weren't able to track your growth, either. Leaders were far more involved in the community, and in Leadership as a whole. There were fiery hoops to jump through to join the elite, lest you face your doom. It is so much more laid back now - but I could also argue these same points as advantages for myself and those who have survived this long.

9.  What advice do you have to offer the new Generation?

For the love of God, join a crew. Make a crew. Get out of your comfort zone. Do something. Like Auntie Mame said, 'Live! Life's a banquet, and most poor sons of b-tches are starving to death.'

10.   Who is someone, old or new, that you admire greatly?

Anyone who has gotten back up. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

11.  Who do you see as the next ‘rising star’?

Saito Eiji. He's got some serious attitude issues, and I may only be his second best friend, but I'm not sure I've ever stalked someone with so much drive and sheer will. He's going to do epic things. I can feel it. And Victor. The man is a force to be reckoned with. He knows what he wants and he just goes for it. His stubborn streak gets him places, and he is willing to do whatever it takes to see his will done. I'll always admire his grit.

12.    What was one of the most shocking experiences you have had happen to you, or have witnessed?

You know, I could get into some really gritty stuff with this. When you've done and seen so much... it gets wild. What shocks me most is the level of apathy I witness every day. I talked about this earlier, a bit. People used to be involved, and now it is as if everyone is their own little island, completely isolated. It's unfortunate, and appalling.

Thank you so much for sitting down with me and crunching though this Q & A with me Mackenzie. You set a particular standard for all the readers joining us!

January 27, 2019 12:46 pm
Actives (44) Fresh Blood (2) View All The Fallen (4) Graveyard
Ferril Darklight, Harlowe mac-Lir, Maeve, Paige Jadu, Kara Joy, Angel Bartolo, Elowen Jocosta, Poppy Jackson, Summer, The Preacher , Yule, Jacob Ander Morningstar, Zacarias Jadu, Nicolas Marceau, Kira Garrett, Mallory Quarters, Wills Rosier, Vince Caruso, The Light, Melinoe, Manannán mac-Lir, Maeve, Angel Bartolo, Jameson Orlav, Kira Garrett, Mike Lennon, Arik Daniels, Gray Taylor, Raven D Morningstar, Bree Ravencroft, Elowen Jocosta, Beatrice Abbot, Flahme, Noura Orlav, Lucifer Morningstar, Mystic-husky, Shannon Taylor, Liam Moore, Mackenzie, WildKat, Beau Theroux, Rowan Martinson, Yule, Victoria Goodwin  Kara Joy
Poppy Jackson 
Jewel
Bishop Orlav
Kain
Nikolai Volkov 
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger | Twitter