Current Time: 05:11 am EDT

Make your Mark

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) 1 | 2 | Next
  Creator Post Date

Meredith

The red and glowing sign that read 'Make your Mark - Tattoo and Piercing' hung nicely above the shop door. 

Coffin shaped book cases lined the walls, althougt instead of books they held impresive jewelry that Meredith had collected from all over the world along with dark colored decor that looked like it had been colected from every antique shop in the realm . Colorful bottles of tattoo ink lined the shelves in each of the 3 booths. The walls were painted a dark red, the color of blood. She thought the color was calming in a place where ones nerves could get the best of them. Although, maybe the the color was only calming for her (being a vampire and all), only time would tell. 

The scent of green soap and which hazel hung densly in the air, a reminder that this was a fresh start for Meredith. She wanted this shop to be a place of new beginnings for others as well. The joy and relief of aquiring a new tattoo or piercing was not to be underestimated and Mer wanted to be the one to share it. After all, it couldn't not help to be the go-to gal for all of the realms body modifications. 

Meredith took the last drag of her cigarette and pressed the butt into a sliver bucket filled with sand. She walked inside the shop and flipped on her open signs. She took a sharp inhale as she prepared to make her first mark. 

March 21, 2019 09:54 am

Manannán mac Lir

Looking up at the sign, Make your Mark – Tattoo and Piercing Manannán vaguely wondered what the hell he was thinking. He was staying longer and longer on the earthly plane these days, more regularly at his home in Ireland than the Otherworld. He’d even been thinking of buying a sailing yacht. This plane was growing on him. So much so he had decided to get an emblem tattooed upon his chest. He would catch hell from Fand over this if she ever showed her face and talked to him. There was no rule, that he was aware of, that said Celtic gods could not get tattoos.

He entered the shop and noticed a slight woman of more than average height, dark hair, tattoos on her skin. Glancing around he liked the setup. There were interesting things to look at in every corner though he might have gone with teal walls instead of crimson. He could imagine them painted with great waves peaking ready to slam down around the patrons.

Shaking free of these thoughts he moved towards the counter and smiled flashing his trademark dimples. “Hello. I’m after getting a triskelion on my chest, maybe add some flourishes around the edges, something to do with water or the ocean would work for me.”
March 23, 2019 07:40 am

Meredith

Excitment of her first customer took over her face. She could see the man had a godly appearence about him and his idea for his tattoo excited her. 

"That sounds pretty interesting! I can get something drawn up for you.... How big are you wanthing this piece to be?"

Mer gathered her collection of pencils and stencil paper, organizing them onto a lightn table. Idead of his tatoo began to take over her mind. Instantly waves of blue flowed through her hand and onto the paper. Periodically looking up to him to make her it would fit his silloutette well. 

March 24, 2019 04:14 pm

Manannán mac Lir

When she asked about the size, he thought a moment. "I'm thinking to cover the left side of my chest," he indicated the area from shoulder to nipple. "A decent size to cover that area. Oh, and I heal very fast, is that going to be an issue?"

He watched her draw. Her artistic talent flowed out of her hands. He was able to sense a thing or two about most people and realised this pretty creature was a vampire. He could be wrong but rarely was in these things. Leaning on the table where she worked he caught her eye as she looked up at him, obviously taking his measure for the design.

"How do you manage to do this and keep your bloodlust under control, lass? Unless I'm much mistaken you're a vampire, is that right?" There was no malice or fear in him, only curiosity and a way to get to know the person who would mark his skin.
March 24, 2019 07:58 pm

Meredith

Meredith contiued her drawing at the man made conversation. She knew his questions was fair, afterall a vamipre working around so much blood did look suspicious...This skill in her condition did not come easy.... Her throat cleared. 

"Well... it took years of practice.... and honestlly it can still be hard at times. Normally as long as I have fed before I work I have no problems." She paused for a moment to look up at him. Making sure she didn't scare him away. "You are very observant Mr.... I'm sorry I didn't grab you name?"

Holding up her piece of art she sized it up to him, she added a few waves along the bottom edges to better fit his chest. 

March 24, 2019 08:30 pm

Manannán mac Lir

He smiled at her honesty and that his assumption was correct. Her words didn't worry him in the least; he was used to dealing with all manner of beings and was curious about many of them. This was part of the pull to stay on the earthly plane more and more. Besides as the protector of Ireland, he figured he could stay on here for as long as he bloody well pleased. He would return to the Otherworld now and again as needed.

"My name is Manannán, but call me Manny, lass. And ,aye, I am very observant." He winked at her so she knew he was harmless. He wasn't in the least harmless but in this situation, there was nothing for either of them to worry over.

As she held up her artwork, he was fascinated by her total concentration on what she was doing. "You need me to take off my shirt for a better fit?" He grinned. He wouldn't be himself if he didn't flirt a little. Besides he was going to have to take it off sometime.
March 24, 2019 09:44 pm

Meredith

Meredith attempted to keep a completly stoic face in response to his flirting but couldn't help it when her cheeks turned a light shade of pink. She always liked to keep her business completly professional. 

"Actually yes, that would be quite helpfull... And as far as your healing goes, it should be fine as long as you don't completly heal during the tattooing process."

March 24, 2019 11:32 pm

Manannán mac Lir

Laying his jacket over a nearby chair, Manannán grabbed the back of his white t-shirt and pulled it over his head. He placed it on the table she was working from. “I guess we’ll have to see how the healing goes once we start. It should be fine though.”

He wandered over to look over her shoulder and see how it was coming along. He liked what he saw so far thinking she’d captured what he was after. She had a lot of talent and clearly enjoyed what she did.

“How long have you been doing this?” He asked still admiring her work.
March 25, 2019 03:40 am

Meredith

After putting on the final touches of his piece Mer slipped on a pair of gloves and gathers the stencil and the gel she used to make it stick. Carefully spreading an even coat of the gel cross his chest Mer pressed on the stencil paper pressing firmly againt him with the palm of her hand, wanting to make sure it really stuck. Peeling away the paper reveiled her artwork in temporary violet ink. Feeling satisfied with the drawing she made sure to let it sit and try before working on it with the needle. 

"I've been tattooing for about 7 years now... Travling the world and learning from the best." The young vampire tossed her gloves and motioned for Manny to follow her into her booth. After slipping on a new pair of black gloves she began to set up her tray, double checking that her machine was set up correctly and that all the colors she would need for his piece were set out. She was eager to say the least, to spill her first blood in her new shop. 

March 25, 2019 12:11 pm

Harlowe Farris

~Harlie stepped into the new shop clad in denim cutoffs and a shirt tied at her waist baring her midriff. She wore flip flops on her feet and her red curls were tamed into a braid that hung over her shoulder. As she took a step inside, her blue gaze landed on the people preparing for a body art session and her face scrunched up slightly in uncertainty. She didn't trust that what she saw was real.  Couldn't trust her own brain to separate fiction from reality. No matter where she went or who she encountered, there was always a tiny bit of doubt that what she saw actually existed. This was especially true for the unexpected, such as the scene currently playing out before her.~

Manannan...

~She muttered his name under her breath and then turned her gaze away from them. Finding a chair, she sat down, gripping the side of it as she took a few deep breaths, working to calm herself. When that didn't work, she slipped ear buds into her ears and immediately heard a woman singing breathily about "ocean eyes". The same song she'd been listening to on repeat for days. 

Her eyes flicked to the other two people in the shop and quickly looked away again. Grabbing her phone, she started tapping out a text.~

" Manny, r u really getting a tattoo right now? "

~And another immediately after.~

"Is there a woman with u?"

~She tapped her phone against her thigh as she waited for a response. But only a second later, she got up from her seat, flexing her fingers nervously as she went to the door again and walked out without looking back,  the woman still singing about "ocean eyes" in her ear. ~

March 25, 2019 09:23 pm

Meredith

Merediths gaze shot up towards the cracked door of her booth as she heard the front door open and dainty footsteps walk into the shop. 

"Hello! Be right there!" She looked to Manny. "Hold on just one moment."

A quick disposal of her gloves, Mer opened the door to her booth and stepped out into the lobby only to see it empty. Puzzled but not really concerned Mer returned to Manny, hearing his phone blow up like the 4th of July. 

"That was odd..."

March 25, 2019 10:20 pm

Manannán mac Lir

Manannán heard the door open and immediately smelled a scent that was familiar to him, floral tones with the smell of sunshine on new grass. He went to move after the tattooist but the door had shut and his phone went off with a couple of incoming texts. Grabbing it he settled back into the seat, to find two that surprised, vexed and oddly delighted him.

He texted back.

Yes and yes. You didn't want to stay to watch? ;)

He wasn't going to mention the woman was the tattoo artist, Harlie could stew in it for a while. She didn't get a say in what he did with his body, had declined that privilege. Manannán shook his head not knowing whether to laugh or be annoyed; he decided on both. Yet, red hair and creamy skin wouldn’t budge from his thoughts. He was doomed to eternally want for redheads he couldn’t have it seemed. Kyla would get a kick out of this turn of events.

As his tattoo artist returned, he shrugged a moment. “Sorry just had to text a friend.” He paused a moment. “I didn’t catch your name earlier, got so caught up in the lovely art work.”
March 25, 2019 11:08 pm

Meredith

"My name is Meredith, if you like you can call me Mer. They're both the same to me."

Kicking forward her black rolling stool Meredith took a seat and settled in for the ride. Her bright eyes and red lips had a focused expression.

Meredith pulled back her long dark hair into a low pony and slapped her pale hands on the tattoo chair that Manny would occupy for the next few hours. Those same hands then reached into her box of gloves and slipped on a nice clean pair. 

"I'll have you go ahead and lay down for me, make sure you're comfortable!"

March 25, 2019 11:19 pm

Harlowe Farris

~Harlie stopped outside the shop. She leaned back against the side of the store and closed her eyes for a moment, trying to focus. Then opened them again when she heard the chime of a new text.  Her brow furrowed in confusion as she read his flip answer. ~

"What? Why r u doing this?"

~She typed quickly, her gaze still on his words. They were so unlike the kind man she'd gotten to know recently and grown to care about.

Her blue eyes went wide and anxiety curled in her stomach, her breathing growing quick and shallow as a thought occurred to her. Maybe it wasn't Manny. Maybe this wasn't real. Maybe none of this was real.~

March 26, 2019 12:37 am

Manannán mac Lir

"Meredith, it's a pleasure. Just a moment."

Manannán read Harlie’s text and frowned. He thought she was displaying jealousy, had he got it wrong? Clearly, he had. Recent events came to mind, and he gnawed the inside of his cheek wondering if more was going on here. He decided to spell it out properly and shot off another quick text to Harlie before doing as Meredith asked.

Aye, I’m getting a tattoo, the woman you saw is the tattoo artist. Why am I getting a tattoo? Because I want one. Is everything alright, Harlie? When this is done, I’ll come find you.

Laying down on his back staring up at the ceiling he was now worried over why Harlie was asking such odd questions. Still, he was happy he had decided to do this. The triskelion meant a lot to him as did anything ocean related. Yes, he was glad to be back on the earthly plane, even though it was apparently populated with beautiful redheads out to send him crazy.

Watching Meredith get herself set up was interesting, he’d seen many tattoos performed, however many centuries again and most in a more traditional manner, but never wanted one for himself till now.

“All ready.” He said to Meredith.
March 26, 2019 12:59 am
1 | 2 | Next
Actives (2) Fresh Blood (1) View All The Fallen (2) Graveyard
Raven Star, Mallory Quarters  Jayden B Moon  Scotlynn
Elouise Warrock 
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger | Twitter