Current Time: 01:02 am EDT

Make your Mark

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) Prev | 1 | 2
  Creator Post Date

Harlowe Farris

~Harlie's gaze darted around her, desperate for any source of clarity. But she didn't find one. People came and went but nobody paid attention to the redhead quietly losing her sh!t on the sidewalk. 

Her legs grew shaky and weak and she slid down the wall. Her backside hit the pavement and her phone fell from a numb hand to land beside her. She pulled her knees up to her chest and gripped her head with both hands. With the woman in her ear still singing about "ocean eyes", she wished for the world to disappear so she could finally, finally clear the cloud of confusion from her brain and know that everyone and everything around her wasn't just a figment of her imagination. 

She never noticed when her phone chimed again with another text.~

March 26, 2019 04:13 am

Meredith

Meredith could tell Manny was distracted. This could work in Mers favor, many of her clients liked to squirm under her heavy hand.
Picking up her machine she dipped the needle into pitch black ink. A loud buzz filled the room as her foot stepped on the pedal. Meredith placed her hands on his chest stretching the skin with her right hand and holding the machine in her left.
The smile of excitement couldn't be wiped from her face.

"Here we go!"

Sinking the set of round needles into his skin Meredith made her first perminant mark. She looked to his face to see his reaction.
March 26, 2019 02:09 pm

Manannán mac Lir

Scenarios flew through Manannán’s mind concerning Harlowe. Why was she here? She was lucid when they parted, had she broken down that much in such a short amount of time? After she friend-zoned him, as the modern saying goes, while simultaneously making it clear she was still interested in him, he thought she’d tracked him down for other reasons. Her messages hadn’t made a lot of sense; perhaps her issues were more profound than he realised. What if she got worse while he was in here. Muscles jump at his jaw; he would track her down directly once this was complete.

With these thoughts, and listening for his phone to chime with her reply, Manannán barely noticed when the needle first touched his skin. Seeing Meredith watched him as she worked, he caught her eye and nodded to show he was fine. While it wasn’t a pleasant sensation with a burn of its own, neither did he find it overly painful. The needle penetrating dermis was nothing like a dagger thrust into flesh, something he had endured on more than one occasion. Meredith clearly enjoyed her work if the look on her face was anything to go by and he smiled at that.

“The healing isn’t a problem?” he asked Meredith recalling his earlier concern.
March 26, 2019 07:12 pm

Meredith

Running a gloved finger over the lines she had just created, Meredith saw first hand just how quickly Manny could heal. To say Mer was astounded would be an understatement.

This was a tattoo artists dream. So much of the quality of the tattoo was left unto the healing process of the customer. In this certain scenerio Mer could control the entire outcome. Being in control was something the young vampire was good at...

"Your healing is perfect! This should be my best piece yet..." A smile crossed her face but her eyes told more of the story, the story of a determined woman becoming enthralled in her work.

Sinking the needles back into his skin Meredith went to work. She focused on nothing else besides the lines and all the connections she was making until it finally resembled a colorless outline of his piece.
March 26, 2019 07:35 pm

Manannán mac Lir

Meredith’s enthusiasm was contagious, and he grinned when she realised his healing was not an absent passing comment.

“You might find you get this a lot with different people in the Realm. I believe there’s a few of us that heal fast. And sorry, not much blood for you.” He gave her another wink with that last statement. Then she dug in, and he could see nothing was going to break this woman’s focus until she had accomplished her goal. With that amount of determination, there was no way this would be anything other than spectacular.

He liked the idea of having something representing the ocean on his body and looked forward to showing Harlowe. Which reminded him he’d not received a reply. Look at him, worrying over a mortal. Perhaps his discussion with Kyla had forced an end of an era. Given him a place where he could change old habits and not repeat past mistakes. Even gods could hope.
March 26, 2019 11:14 pm

Meredith

As Meredith pulled away from the piece for a moment to get set up for the next phase of the tattoo she looked Manny over. Yes he was very handsome and god-like, but she could tell something had gotten under his skin... Other than her needles of course.

Fresh gloves, ink and paper towels ready, all she had to do was change out her lining needles for a shader. "You seem like you have something on your mind." Her electric blue eyes shot a glance at he door and then back to Manny. One of Merediths may talents was reading people and their faces, she was also an expert with puzzles...

The needles had been placed and new ink had been poured. Mer dipped her new wider set of skin defacing materials into some blue/grey ink and immediately got back to work, buzzing noises once again filling the silent voids in the room.
March 26, 2019 11:35 pm

Manannán mac Lir

The buzzing of the needles continued, and the hum became almost hypnotic as Manannán’s mind wandered through relationships he’d experienced old and new, always returning to Harlowe. When Meredith stopped to set up for whatever was next, he assumed it was the colour; he quickly glanced at his phone again frowning. No messages.

When Meredith returned with fresh gloves and new ink, her question took him off guard. “Aye, you could say that. A woman of course.” He looked chagrined. “For most heterosexual men it’s going to be a woman. Am I right? She’ll be fine; I’m sure.” He wasn’t sure at all, hence the worry.

“I’m not used to fussing over women like this,” Read mortals. “They usually fuss over me.” Also not true, he had a caring nature, but only those who became very close to him saw it.

The buzzing recommenced and the feeling this time was a little different. Almost soothing in comparison still with the slight sting and burn to remind one that needles were, in fact, piercing your skin. He sighed and relaxed as best he could.
March 27, 2019 12:08 am

Meredith

Meredith chucked as she once again began her work, this time sinking in colors of midnight blue. In a past life Meredith could have related.... In this life, not so much.

"Well my best advice would be.." She took a towel covered in green soap and wiped away leftover ink in order to better see what she was creating. "In this realm love is hard, nearly impossible. Relationships are shaky and rarely last. However if you find yourself fancying another and you think that it would be worth all the pain in the end.... then go for it. If not, then let it be."

Manny's tattoo was starting to come to life, taking more of a 3D effect now that color had been spread between the lines.
March 27, 2019 11:16 am

Manannán mac Lir

Manannán glanced down as Meredith continued working on his skin. The colours she used were perfectly suited. This tattoo was going to look amazing.

Her advice made sense, and he had already seen many relationships come and go, ebbing and flowing like his beloved sea. "Aye, it's working out who is worth it and who isn't though. How do you know until you're in too deep and before you know it there's heartbreak you never intended? I think that's the issue most face, maybe moving too fast. I'm not as young as I look, and I still get things wrong."

"Do you have a sweetheart, Meredith?"
March 27, 2019 11:58 pm

Meredith

Mer couldn't help but admire her progress so far. Sitting up straight she wiped the tattoo clean to get a better perspective.

"I do find that people tend to move too fast...it is important to establish trust and respect. The ones worth having will be more obvious than the ones that are not..."

Mer could ramble on for days about love, what is is and what it isnt. Perhaps her new perspective was a side effect of her new maturity from entering the realm once more.

"And no I do not have a sweetheart... I do suppose one would be nice but I can be fairly... picky."

Going back into her work Mer cleaned off the needles of any darker color residue and dipped them into her final stage of the piece. White. This was Meredith's favorite part of her work, seeing it all tied together, the balancing of the colors. Almost like mixing good and evil.
March 28, 2019 04:52 pm

Manannán mac Lir

Listening to Meredith's words over the buzz of her instruments, he thought she was quite wise for her young age. Having a shop to interact with people in this way fit her perfectly, she could pass on sage advice, colouring people's skin as well as their lives.

"You are wise beyond your years, Meredith. A fine way to be." He paused a moment thinking on relationships. "Aye, trust is important, building depth and truly understanding your potential significant other. That's the key." His thoughts drifted to Harlowe. She was worth it. He wouldn't give up on her.

"There's nothing wrong with being picky, nothing wrong at all, and you own advice will see you home when the right person comes along. But make them work for it a little, will you." He grinned and winked at her.
March 28, 2019 07:51 pm

Meredith

His words 'make them work for it' played in her mind. In past lives her lovers had come easily and left the same way. For this very reason Meredith had steered away from anything serious. Too avoid tampering with her nonexistent heart.

"Well Manny that means a lot. Thank you. Sometimes I just need a reminder..."

The white had really come along well in his tattoo, breaking up the waves and adding light to the plane. Meredith decided to stop before it became too much. A fresh paper towel and some green soap took the remaining debris from his skin.

"Well sir, I believe we are all finished here! If you would like to take a look in the mirror to be sure everything is to your liking..."

This was always Meredith's favorite part. She loved to see customers reactions, on the other hand it made her anxious. If they hated it, it would mean that she ruined their skin for life, however long it may be...
March 29, 2019 06:12 pm

Manannán mac Lir

Excited to see the result, Manannán stood before the mirror a grin spread across his face. The swirls of the triskelion mixed seamlessly with the blues and white to represent the ocean. It was as if sea spray splashed through the symbol bringing it to life on his skin in a manner beyond his expectations.

"Meredith, this is beautiful work, lass," his voice filled with admiration as he continued to look at the finished art. "This well exceeded my expectations; you're a master at this."

He leaned in closer to the mirror to study different parts of it in detail. "I'll make sure to spread the word should anyone need a tattoo. Plus this gives me a good reason to whip my shirt off at a moment's notice." He laughed knowing some people that would annoy.

Turning back to her he smiled in appreciation. “Thank you, Meredith. Is there anything I need to do for it?” He asked as he put his shirt back on and grabbed his jacket finding his wallet to pay for the artwork.
March 29, 2019 09:26 pm
Prev | 1 | 2
Actives (11) Fresh Blood (2) View All The Fallen (0) Graveyard
Aubry Daniels, Xaljorn, WildKat, mist, Anakin Drake, Andy Codin, Harlowe mac Lir, LillyEmperium, Negan__, Kira Garrett, Mallory Quarters  Arik Daniels
Ivory Hoshiko 

Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger | Twitter