Current Time: 09:27 pm EDT

Descent

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) Prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
  Creator Post Date

Janus

Janus remained still and silent throughout their exchange, cutting his superior a look when he wasn’t glaring at Flahme with adoration. True to her fiery nature she stood up to the very being who had wronged her, wronged them. Under any other circumstance he was afraid it might have cost her life, he was grateful for whatever protection his presence offered her. 

He watched on as her crimson eyes met his, and faded into the emerald hues that he adored. Her confession had goosebumps running down his highly decorated arms, and he felt his heart swell with admiration as she explained her feelings for him in depth. He still had no recollection of time they had spent with one another. His only memories of her were of the surface, but Janus knew in his heart his love for her was more than what was waiting for them on the surface. 

He realized as he kneeled before the throne, that he had spent so much time trying to convince her that he wasn’t good, that he never considered her idea of good and evil might have been just as skewed as his own. She saw underneath the various faces he put on for others, saw beneath the curtain of despair he so often hid behind, and loved him all the more for the struggles he faced. In that moment he wished they had been in the position to share a kiss with one another, along with whisper their confessions to one another instead of the vindictive god Janus. 

Who, despite his frustration with them both, was listening to Flahme intently. Janus found himself surprised that their feelings were even being considered. The gods were many things, understanding they were not. He rose to his feet and returned to his rightful place by Flahme’s side, watching the god’s every move. 

“I can’t free you of your position, Landon.” He said with a cruel smile. “Which is your real name, by the way. I thought you’d like to know since you’re wanting to go off on your own.” With a heavy sigh, the amusement in his eyes vanished. “I will not, and cannot free you of your obligation to me. However, I can free you of your marriage vows. Then, you and your anam cara will be free to live with one another in peace. Though I must warn you, there are those above and below that would find pleasure in ending that union.” 

Landon took in a deep breath, wrapping an arm around Flahme’s waist and holding her close. They could be free to live in peace, but at what cost? With these malevolent beings there was always a cost. “What is the price for this small freedom you would bestow upon me? Upon us? I know you wouldn’t be doing it out of the kindness of your heart, as there is no good or kindness that can be found there.” 

He watched on as Janus’ eyebrows furrowed and he quipped, “Watch it, boy. I can still smite you.” The room grumbled as he stretched out the hand that rest on his throne. “When you are as ancient as I am, you grow tired of your duties. I need an heir, and a successor one day. I will do this for you, and promise to help the girl with her items should you agree to be made my heir.” 

Anger rose within him, and he snarled at the ancient being as he said, “No.” 
July 07, 2019 02:29 pm

Flahme

They loved each other, and it took going to Hell to confess it. Flahme wanted the time to revel in that together, but the god had more to say. The Roman deity had yet to make a ruling on whether to release Janus of his obligations, and she found herself holding her breath. As he began to speak her breath rushed out for two reasons. They got to know Janus’s real name was Landon, and second, the god was not going to release Janus at all.

Anger began to thread through her body, only cooling a little when mention of releasing Janus form his marriage vows came up. Flahme was surprised the god had any sway over that, but this whole situation was unusual. At the warning that there are those who don’t want them to be together, she knew she would happily end any being that got between her and Janus. What concerned her more was why anyone would want to mess with them at all. She decided to quiz the god about it, but then Janus pulled her close, so she kept her thoughts to herself for now. Flahme still thought of him as Janus and wondered if he would take up his old name once again after they left this place.

“What is the price…”

Janus’s strong body went rigid beside her when the god said he needed an heir and who he would like to fill the role. The vehemence in Janus’s voice as he disagreed with the request made her smile. She took perverse pleasure in seeing the god pissed off, and stood firm next to the man she already considered hers. A part of her wanted to yell ‘Yes’ because then they could be together for as long as they desired, but she would say nothing save to ask a few questions. They both knew how it felt not having all the information, and they were both a product of having decisions thrust upon them. The small amount of freedom won in making your own choices was not something she would take from him – regardless of the outcome.

“If Janus doesn’t agree to this, what happens? Conversely, if he does agree, what will it mean to be your heir - the responsibilities etc, and when would that take effect?” Flahme asked. Janus needed as much information as he could get, then another thought hit her. “What did we do that was so bad that others found the need to control us or tear us apart?”

The gruff god ignored her and stared at Janus. “Is she always this inquisitive?” then he cut his stare to Flahme and leaned forward on his throne. “What did you do? You fell in love. You feel it now. It is not some passing fancy, but something that fills your souls. That’s not a usual thing to find in Hell, it made some creatures jealous of what you had, and for others – it gave them hope. Down here, for many reasons, hope can be a dangerous thing.”

Sitting back with an audible sigh, the god nodded his head as if to say that’s all he would give her and returned his regard to Janus. “I’m feeling magnanimous, so I’ll give you the night to think over your response,” he quickly held his hand up to silence another ‘No’. “One night. You still have your quarters here. I suggest sticking to them during your stay. I hope that you make the right decision.” He then sat back, turned his face away and made a gesture with his hand that clearly said leave. Janus, the god, was done with them for today.
July 10, 2019 09:14 am

Janus

Hope can be a dangerous thing. 

Landon, formerly known as Janus, frowned at the words the ancient being before them muttered and he slid a hand up to his neck where he knew ‘Hope’ was etched into his skin. Only in Hell would falling in love be considered a crime. Only with the life he had led would he be punished for finally caring about someone other than himself. He was angry, hurt, and even felt a little betrayed. He should have known better than to trust creatures who would slit his throat given the chance, but he had done so all the same. 

He bit his tongue and simply nodded at Janus, gripping Flahme’s hand and looking at her with pleading eyes to follow. Never would he have insisted Flahme do as she was told, as he had always offered a choice to her, as was her right. Now, in this moment, he wanted nothing more than to whisk her away to his living quarters so they could make sense of their ordeal. However, despite this desire to rush her away to safety, he longed to always be a witness to the fire in her heart. Doing so would not make her thrive, so he took a step back. Thoroughly checking himself.

The choice was not his choice to make, as she may have something more to say. He would not deny the chance to speak her mind, so Landon dropped her hand and walked towards the exit. Though he hesitated at the door, and it was only once he was sure she was following that he pushed open the door and sharply inhaled, loosening the breath in his lungs in a ragged quiver. Anger exuded from his very pore and he wanted nothing more than to break free to the surface, run and hide from the wrath of the gods the best he could. For her sake, he would not cower. 

“I’ll show you to my quarters, though I would much rather turn back and give him an earful.” Landon allowed himself the small pleasure in meeting her gaze before returning his eyes to the cobblestone path set before them. Unlike some buildings the higher beings resided in, Janus’ residence was old fashioned. Flaming hearth’s were plentiful, warming the ancient stone halls and rooms. His room was similar, though he had smuggled a few human comforts to keep himself at peace during his visits.

He could only hope that it was properly clean enough to have guests. 
July 13, 2019 02:30 pm

Flahme

The anger rolling of Janus was palpable, and she half expected him to vent at the god further. When she looked towards him, his eyes unusually dark asked her to let go of any questions she had so they could leave. He dropped her hand and moved away, and she suddenly felt cold as if he had set her adrift. Sparing one last glare at the god, Flahme followed Janus through the doors and out into the street. They walked along the cobblestones, not speaking until a short time later they were at his quarters. She took a moment to walk around his room, memories of being here with him slammed into her mind, then she turned to him.

“I know you’re angry; you have a right to be. We both do. This didn’t exactly work out how we planned, but we only have twenty-four hours to make sense of it all. Maybe we start with the basics? What name do you want to be known by? I know it seems silly, but taking control over even that may help to ground you enough to make bigger decisions.”

The god’s final request appeared to have shaken Janus. He had always been relatively calm around her, and now he was a ticking bomb set to explode any second. The question was, should she force him to explode to relieve the pressure, let him find his own way, or wrap him up in her love. The problem was she was uncertain all of a sudden. She also suspected they would get no more answers than they already had, so Janus was going to have to make a relatively uninformed decision or force the god to give them more information. The latter didn’t seem like a viable option.

Flahme stepped close to him and took his hands in hers, smoothing her thumbs over the back of them as she spoke. “You’re not alone any more. No matter what you choose tomorrow, I’ll be right beside you. If you choose to one day become his heir, I will find a way to be here with you, for as long as you want me to be,” then she moved one hand to cup the side of his face. “We can’t get lost in what happened to break us apart, we found each other, that’s what’s important. Once this is over, we can find out who’s really behind this, because those lesser demons barely know what day it is. It wasn’t their idea.”

Feeling a little unsure of herself due to Janus’s quiet demeanour, Flahme released his hands but didn’t step back. She placed hers on her hips and held his gaze. “Right now, we have to work the problem, figure out our options, and then get what rest we can. If you decide to be chivalrous and offer to sleep on the couch, I’m going to have to hurt you!” the last part was said a slight tilt to her lips in her attempt to lift his spirits. However, she also had no intention of sleeping alone after what they declared to each other, not even an hour ago.

“So, what do we know?”
July 13, 2019 08:49 pm

Janus

Having entered his quarters, Landon leaned against the nearest stone wall and gritted his teeth closely together. The pressure nearly made him wince, but the frustration and anger still coursing through his veins dulled his senses. He watched, unmoving, unfeeling as Flahme drank in the measly decorated room and devoured him with her emerald eyes. Only she could help him make sense of this all, and calm the turmoil he felt under pressure. 

“Damn him, and damn them all.” He spat the words out, venom dripping from his acid tongue as he pounded a fist against the wall in frustration. Arms suddenly heavy, the all too familiar icy sensation coursed through his veins and he watched wide-eyed as frost covered his forearms. He bit down on his lip and eyed Flahme carefully before casually scrubbing at it with his shirt. “The basics are good. It doesn’t seem silly at all.” 

Pushing himself off the wall he drew closer to her, leaving but a foot of space between them as he studied her, from the curve of her lips to the way her tendrils of hair fell over her slender shoulders. The soft curves of her frame, to the way she studied him just as intently as he did her. “I’d like to be called by my real name, but only by you. It seems too...intimate for anyone else to refer to me as such.” 

The feel of her warm touch cradling his ice-cold and calloused hands had him stepping closer to her, until he moved one hand to cradle her elbow as her other continued a gentle caress. 

You’re not alone any more.

Landon felt his breath hitch in his throat as he let the words resonate deep inside of him. Flahme, a woman of wonderment. He had loved her before, and felt as though he would love her again in the next thousand lifetimes. He had never had much faith that the universe is magic, but their shared story was hard to explain. In that moment, he knew he would do anything to keep them together. Even if it meant accepting the proposition before them. If she could speak up and spill her heart, he would do the same. The little pride he had left, he would bite back and accept becoming the heir to the gates if it meant he had even one more night with her. 

He couldn’t fight back the frown that turned the corners of his lips down as her hand released him, but admired how they hugged her hips in lieu of his hands. Smirking, he listened to her intently as he moved closer to her still. Slipping his arms through her own to wrap themselves around her waist, he smiled down at her and watched as she teased him. A ridiculous insinuation, really. Now that their love had been announced, he would do everything in his power to make sure she never had to be alone, unless that was what she needed. 

“What do we know? Well, we know we love one another. I know that you are the most beautiful woman both below, and on earth, even the heavens above are jealous of your beauty.” A sly smile stretched his lips thin as he moved one hand underneath her chin to cradle it gently, his thumb gripping her chin softly as he tilted her head up. “I know that you give me something to lose. I think I’m terrified to lose this, and I’m afraid to change. My biggest fear in accepting, is that I will change just when I’ve found myself.” 

Pressing a soft kiss to her forehead, Landon released his grip on her face to return his hands to the small of her back and hold her close to him. Unlike his tight hugs, this was one was soft, as if he was afraid of breaking whatever small amount of peace they had for the moment. “Even if the rest of the world sees me in a different light, knows me by a different name, I will love you with every part of me. I will do whatever it takes to ensure we are never separated again.” 
July 14, 2019 09:45 am

Flahme

“Landon it is,” she smiled up at him, acknowledging the name he only allowed her to use. It eased the fear building in her heart that this was all a dream. Then he moved in closer and wrapped her up in his arms, and every doubt fell away. His beautiful words as he shed his ego and stood before her emotionally naked, declaring not only his love for her but all he would do to keep it, was her undoing. Humbled beyond words, with unshed tears in her eyes, this was one of the most profound moments of Flahme’s life.

When he finished speaking, she went to her toes, wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. He fired her blood like no one else ever had. With him, it was as if everything in the universe were possible, and yet the only thing she needed in that vast space was him. Who they were in their other lives meant nothing compared to who they were together in this one. Releasing his lips but staying close, looking into his warm regard, she whispered, “I never thought I would find love, then I saw you. You swaggered into Hell, giving attitude to everyone around you. I couldn't stay away. You were, spectacular, and now, the future stolen from us can truly begin. As to your fears, the only way you will lose me is if you ask me to leave.”

Remaining within his embrace, Flahme began reciting their situation. “So, Landon, here’s what we know so far. The obvious, Janus, the god, is a d*ck! If you choose not to become the heir apparent, then assignments will last forever unless we find a loophole, but we do get to live together in peace. Well, relative peace with creatures trying to mess with us on occasion. We get to live on earth, freely in between our assignments, but it seems unlikely we’ll get that island getaway we dreamed of.”

Kissing him again quickly, Flahme moved away to wander the room as she spoke. “If you do take the ‘job’, then you take it on faith since you have no real knowledge of what it entails. What do you know of Janus’s job right now, the interactions you have with him, how does it work?”

Moving to the bed, she hopped up on it and crossed her legs. “Now, let’s look at some positives. You will be immortal like me, which means we can be together for as long as we choose. You will have god powers, so when we find out who’s been messing with us all these years, you can ‘smite’ them,” Flahme did air quotes and added a cheeky grin. “And, I get to tell people my boyfriend is a god,” she nodded at that last one as if it was the only one that mattered, bit her lip then patted the bed beside her, simply because she wanted him near.

Sobering for a moment, she looked at him, drinking in the sight of the man she adored. His lean body that she already knew the strength of, the tattoos that covered most of him only currently visible at his arms, hands and neck, his white-blonde hair and warm russet-coloured eyes. She felt she would never tire of looking at her handsome beau. “So many unknowns on which to make a life-altering decision,” she looked at her hands a moment, and a realisation struck her. Flahme raised one of her small hands, igniting a fire within her palm as she had done the night they first met on earth. “Landon, was I seeing things, or did you create ice at will when we first entered this room?”
July 16, 2019 05:48 am

Janus

The feel of her lips crashing into his was the beginning of his own undoing, and he allowed his hands to roam her sides before cradling her face gently between his hands. Her gentle touch and nimble fingers at the nape of his neck was one he would never want to forget, and would fight their way through hell to keep. Her retelling memories that he had long forgotten warmed his heart, and he chuckled as she mentioned how he came swaggering into Hell. “I wish I could remember, the same as you.”

It didn’t surprise him at all that she was already able to list their shared knowledge in a seemingly hopeless situation, and he laughed as she used the god of beginnings name in vain. If Landon was worthy of being the heir to an ancient being, than Flahme was his equal in every way. No other being aside from them would ever dare speak ill of the gods and goddesses. Flahme was his fireheart through and through. He would never give up that dream of a vacation with her, as the very mention of it had given him hope in a desperate time. If he deigned to accept this offer, who’s to say they couldn’t make their own rules?

Despite these thoughts, he kept silent and let her slip away from his grasp as she moved about the room. Each step taken with a feline grace only she possessed, and he devoured her form with hungry eyes as she did so. “All I know of his REAL duties, not just the ones he bestows upon and passed down to me is that he deals with happenings in a future sense. While I’m left to clean up my own past, and others present, he protects the future. All he has allowed me to glean is that he ensures that things that are to happen, happen.” Janus was always sceptical, that much had never changed in the time he had served him. 

As always, Flahme’s words rang true. If he accepted, he would become immortal like her. They would be free to spend a long life with one another, and bring a wrath down upon their enemies like the world has never seen before. His life could be good for once in its entirety. Obeying her command, he rolled his eyes as he stepped towards the bed. Setting himself down beside her with ease, he casually slid an arm around her shoulders and pulled her into him. The last piece to his imperfect puzzle. “I hadn’t pictured you as the kind of gal to boast.” He smiled, trailing off before meeting her emerald gaze. “Is that what I am now, your boyfriend?” 

The sight of her gazing at him with equally as much adoration as he knew filled his eyes when he admired her heated his blood. He was about to use that fuel to reignite the passionate kiss they had began earlier when she questioned his ice, and he quickly bit the inside of his cheek and hissed under his breath. “You weren’t seeing things.” 

Landon sat, still amazed by the fire she produced in the palm of her hand brought his fingers close to dance in the flame. Ice coated his finger tips, spreading up his arms until he was a living, moving glacier. Water dripped down his arm, onto his pant legs and the bed as he carefully played in the fire. “I meant to tell you, when you came to talk about Lis. I thought you had seen the glass in my hand, but was relieved that you didn’t. It seems, or at least I think it comes from drinking blood. I’ve felt...different ever since I drank it for the first time in Paris. With my daily ritual of ingesting small doses at a time, my strength has grown. Along with this power.” 

Moving away from her flame, he let ice cover both his arms before bringing his hands together to produce snow in the palms of his own hand. The goofy smile he flashed at her as he did so, was sure to warrant some teasing on her end but he didn’t mind. He had been excited to show her from the moment he realized his ability. 

“Equals. Opposites. Whatever you want to call us. I know we are meant for each other, and I think I might have an idea on how to make this life we have dreamt of a reality. He posed his own conditions and rules, why can’t we offer up our own?” 
July 16, 2019 11:33 pm

Flahme

“...he protects the future.”

Listening intently as Landon spoke of what he knew of Janus’s duties, Flahme’s mind was in overdrive trying to understand what that entailed. “It sounds to me like he sits on his butt and does precisely nothing. Who or what is he protecting it from?” Breath huffed out of her as she wondered how on earth they were going to make a good decision with so little to go on.

When Landon sat beside her and put his arm around her, she cuddled in close to his side then grinned as he picked up on her ‘boyfriend’ remark. “I’m not one to boast, no. Boyfriend doesn’t feel like it fully encompasses what you are to me. Friend, lover, confidant, a partner in crime. You are my everything, and you’re mine.” With that said, she looked up to see Landon’s russet gaze reflected the heat and desire in her own.

Her natural curiosity put the breaks on their passion, but her need to understand things around her was a critical part of who she was. As she lit the flame in her palm, Landon brought his fingers up to dance in the fire she created, and she watched in amazement as ice-coated them and spread up his arm. “This is because of the blood? I want to know everything about it.” She extinguished the flames in her palm, and when he produced the snow, she looked at it with wonder glowing in her eyes. Taking some of the delicate white stuff between her fingers, they watched it melted quickly due to the heat of her skin. “Fire and ice. With you around, I certainly won’t need ice in my drinks anymore,” she teased him.

At Landon’s suggestion of making their own rules and conditions, her head snapped up to look into his eyes. He was serious, which meant he was considering taking the offer and becoming Janus when the current god decided to abdicate. “It would certainly give us some control over our path. What sort of conditions do you have in mind? Because it’s worth a try. There is also one other ace we have up our sleeve.”

Finding the quiet within her, Flahme dug deep and found the pure soul of Anastasia. Chewing on her lip, she looked up into Landon’s dark eyes. “Remember I told you once that I can take people’s memories? That wasn’t the whole story. I wasn’t taking their memories. I was taking their souls. Those two people I took them from, died from the process,” she paused and looked away for a moment before looking at him directly once again.

“I found out during my last assignment, souls are highly sought after in Hell, so I traded one of them as Marah, and I needed to keep the item we had found. I still have one soul inside me, a pure soul meant for heaven. Though I am reluctant to do so, we could use that soul as a bargaining chip.”

Would he now realise she was a monster? She only ever tried to do the right thing, but to her mind, sometimes the wrong thing was the right thing, and she would do anything for this love they had reclaimed.
July 17, 2019 06:33 pm

Janus

A hearty laugh came bursting out of him, the image of the great roman god sitting on his arse all day amused him greatly. His superior would definitely like her, especially once he realized how cheeky she could be. Pride filled Landon as he made the realization. Though their situation was anything but ideal, and Janus could strike him down with the flick of his little finger, Landon saw him as a father figure. His own had spent the majority of his son’s life nodding off in an armchair, so the god was the closest thing he had. 

“Janus, for all he’s worth, protects life and historical events as we know it.” Clearing his throat, he attempted his best impression of the unearthly gruff voice bellowed from the great being with, “My boy, I am the god of beginnings, gates, transitions, time, duality, doorways, passages, and endings.If I don’t make sure conflict has its start and its end, who will? As much as you humans enjoy your times of peace, war is necessary. There are those who would see that tensions never spiral, and that wars that are started would never end. There are even some who try and keep things from happening all together. It is up to me to start them.” 

With a roll of his eyes, Janus dropped his impersonation. That particular speech had lasted entirely too long, and resulted in a black eye after he mouthed off more than once. Why Landon was still alive, he had no idea. He had suffered more beatings in Hell than he had by his own father. These memories quickly faded as Flahme nestled into his side, and he buried his face in her hair. Lost in the aroma as she spoke. 

You are everything. You are mine. 

It took tremendous effort not to claim her mouth with his own right there, but for the sake of figuring their way out later on he would keep ahold of his restraint. Besides, when he finally had the chance, he would want the general vicinity clear of any listening ears. He also had a few ideas on how his ice, and her fire might play together. The delicious thoughts consumed him, but he forced them down as best as he could. For now. 

“I can only assume it’s part of it all. It started happening when I started drinking it every day. The more I have, the stronger it gets.” Amused russet eyes peered down at her as she looked on at him in amazement. “No, I don’t think you will either. I’ll keep things cool enough for the both of us.” He added with a wink. 

“I have some time to think of these conditions, I think it would do me some good to sleep on it.” With a soft smile, he curled one of her long tendrils of hair around his fingers. Admiring its softness on his calloused hands. “One of my primary conditions is that the marriage is dissolved, and I get my memories back. It would only be fair.” With another smile, he dropped the lock of hair he had been mesmerized by to take a hold of one of her delicate hands and thumb the back of it in gentle, lazy strokes. “What is this ace exactly?”

Blinking slowly, he processed this new information carefully. Flahme, the light of his life would be willing to offer up this soul inside her as a token to earn him some freedom? Souls were indeed coveted in hell, that much he knew. Some creatures devoured, others offered them as sacrifices. Knowing she was willing to do something so extreme was enough for him, and he knew in that moment he would never ask her to willingly do such a thing. 

“I appreciate that, and I appreciate your honesty even more. It means more than you know that you trust me so completely.” Lost in her emerald hues, he held her hand and brought it to his chest. His heart began racing in response to the touch. “My heart beats for you. I would never ask you to do something that hurts you physically or emotionally for my sake. Trading in Anastasia’s soul is not something we will put on the table. You’ve been through enough.” 

Grasping the same hand he placed on his chest, he wrapped it around him and brought her in for a tight hug. During their embrace he whispered in her ear, sheltered by the security of her wild locks, “It’s not your fault about their souls. You didn’t know.” He nuzzled into the arch of her neck once more before laying a kiss to it and pulling away, “Are you okay? I can’t imagine how this information affected you.” 
July 19, 2019 12:51 am

Flahme

The impersonation of Janus had her in fits of laughter; Landon had a gift for it. She adored him and was thoroughly caught up in being so close to him. The way he touched her made her feel precious, and his fascination with a lock of her hair brought a soft smile to her lips. “Getting your memories back is a great thing to bargain for. I would like you to see us the way I do. I think you will enjoy that.”

The coolness of his hand as he rubbed his thumb over hers was juxtaposed perfectly with the heat emanating from her. Flahme could see her confession about the soul she carried surprised him a little. He likely knew better than her the wealth of a soul. The return of her memories only pertained to him and her, not to the ways of Hell. It was curious, that, and something she suspected her father had a hand in. One day she would find out why he blocked her memories of her time here before Landon.

When Landon brought her hand to his chest, she could feel his heart beating beneath her flattened palm. His declaration regarding the soul and how much she had been through touched her deeply. He understood her on so many levels and knowing she would willingly do this for him, walk through fire for him if she had to, he would do all he could to save her from needing to. Once again, the depth of her feelings for him rocked her to her core.

Landon pulled her closer to his body as he placed the same hand that was on his chest, around his waist. Her other hand joined it at the back, so her arms encircled him as she stared up into his warm russet gaze. Then his lips were at her ear, and her eyes drifted shut as he whispered something. Her body responded to his closeness, and her mind blanked out, all she knew was that he was saying something to comfort her, but she didn’t know why. When his lips found her neck, her fingers found the hem of his shirt and slipped underneath to trace delicate patterns on his bare skin.

There was a question asked, Flahme looked at him for a long time attempting to register what he was saying. Her brain belatedly caught up. “Yes, I was shocked by the knowledge, but then felt stupid that I hadn’t figured out what was really happening. I should have known. It made me feel sick to think I so casually took that girl’s soul. How did I get so lucky to find the one man in this realm or any other who doesn’t think me a freak?”

Stepping back from him, she looked him over slowly, from head to toe, licking her lips, her eyes flickering red at times. It was clear she liked what she saw. “It seems your mind is made up, with only a few more details to work out in the morning. So, I guess we are done making plans?” she asked desire plain in her gaze. Feeling bold, Flahme stripped off her shirt and lacy camisole, her red hair spilled over her shoulders, a stark contrast against her alabaster skin. Then she stepped in close to him once again. This time she pulled his head down to hers with a hand at the back of his neck. Her whispered words would feather over his lips when they were a hairbreadth away from hers. “You said you loved me. Now, I want you to show me.”
July 19, 2019 09:44 am

Janus

Fire exploded within him as her fingers traveled up his shirt and trailed along his waist and chest. In that moment he became a hunter, and knew the ravenous look that would be in his stare as she responded to his question. “I guess you’ve found the one man in the realm who’s a freak too.” He quipped, shooting her a wink as he did so. They finally had the time to talk about her soul stealing, and he was determined to talk about it at a later time. 

It seemed Flahme shared his sentiment, and he watched the rest of their night unfold before him as he sat wide eyed on the bed before scooping her up and placing her upon it. The rest was a blur of skin and teeth, well placed touches and kisses. Euphoric, and soul shattering. 

Landon planned to have many more just like it. 

The next morning, he woke up in a haze. No doubt dehydrated from the sweat they had managed to work up. Hell was hot, and Flahme managed to burn even hotter in the depths of the inferno. The image of her sprawled out on the bed was one he wished he could burn into his memory, and knew in his heart that he would do anything to protect the possibility of them. Draping the duvet that had been on his bed across his hips, he sat in the small desk shoved into the corner and began listing his conditions. 

It was better this way, in the moments he could steal while Flahme was resting. This way he could think without feeling the urge to pounce on her, or allow himself to become overcome with emotion. He had much to think about and cover. If he were to one day succeed the throne, would that mean he would have to pick a permanent residence that wasn’t on earth? That would be unacceptable. Would he have to keep his secrets from Flahme? That would absolutely be unacceptable, and she might beat him herself if it came down to it. 

The idea of becoming the heir to Janus sounded more and more unappealing as the list grew, and he covered what he felt was necessary. He rubbed his face with ink smudged hands, frowning at the stubble beginning to appear along his jaw as he did so. The five conditions he had drafted were the best he could come up with, and there was only one Landon was worried wouldn’t be taken well. 

Coffee. He needed coffee. Rising from his place at the desk, he quietly opened his bedroom door and peered around the corner to the guard he knew would be standing there. Posts were always the same, shifts covered in 6 hour increments. Hell was predictable. “Have the kitchens bring up some coffee, they should still have some from my last visit, and whatever human food you can scrounge up that hasn’t molded.” 

The guard grumbled something inaudible, but turned the corner to pass along his request all the same. It was with a satisfied smirk that Landon let the door softly click back into place, and he padded over the bed to Flahme. He took his time stroking her back in long, lazy strokes before he whispered. “Good morning.” 
July 20, 2019 12:23 am

Flahme

A hand stroked Flahme’s back. It was so soothing and refreshing against her warm skin. She almost purred from the delicious feel of it. Images of her and Landon through the night assailed her and made her feel warm all over again.

“Good morning.”

A smile curved her lips at Landon’s voice, while his touch gently brought her awake. She stretched her body before rolling over to look up at him, and pulled him down for a kiss, her hand stroking over his face enjoying the rough feel of the stubble on his chin. “Good morning yourself. Have you been up long?” Glancing over at the writing desk, she could see a paper upon it and figured he had written up the conditions he wanted to present to Janus.

“I don’t remember ever sleeping this well,” Flahme grinned then hopped out of bed to find her clothes. Gathering them under one arm, she used the other to wrap around Landon as she looked up at him. “I’m going to take a shower. I would invite you to join me, but then we won’t get out of here any time soon, and I figure we need to get this show with Janus on the road. I long to be back topside.”

Throwing a saucy look over her shoulder, Flahme slipped into the small bathroom. She made quick work of her shower, and once dressed, walked back into the bedroom, putting her ruby necklace back on then using the heat from her hands to scrunch dry her red locks. While she was in the bathroom, food and coffee had arrived. “Oh good, I’m starving. Thanks for getting this,” she said and poured herself a small cup of the black stuff then snagged some bread and hard cheese. She was grateful for the food. Flahme’s metabolism ran unusually high, and their night of passion had depleted her reserves; she needed to refuel.

Once again sitting cross-legged on the bed, she nibbled on the food and drank some of the coffee, the latter warming her insides, then looked up to see Landon watching her. They shared a moment simply looking at one another. She adored him with every fibre of her being. “I love you so much, and this is just the beginning. I already can’t imagine my life without you in it.”

A light blush hit her cheeks as she looked down at the bread and cheese in her hands. “I don’t need to know all of your conditions; I trust you’ve thought through what you need. I only want to ask Janus that I am allowed to come here anytime I want, or stay with you all the time if you aren’t allowed to leave. No matter what happens, we’ll make the best of it, I promise.”

Finishing off the food she had, Flahme helped herself to a little more, then thought of something. Turning to Landon as he prepared to shower. “Do you need any of my blood before we go?” Okay, she’d offered this twice on this excursion alone, she couldn’t help wonder why this was so important to her. Her brow furrowed as she tried to understand this strange desire she had to have him drink from her. Perhaps it was because she knew it would be stronger than humans and wanted to give him every advantage he could get. She shrugged her shoulders and laughed. “I mean, I’m sure the other blood is still fine. Don’t mind me, go shower.”
July 21, 2019 07:23 am

Janus

Happily obliging her in the embrace, he placed elbows on either side of her head and kissed her deeply, enjoying the feeling of her stroking gentle fingers along the scruff growing along his jaw. “For a while. I didn’t want to wake you. You looked so peaceful.” 

Following her gaze towards the desk, Landon righted himself up and silently agreed with her, nodding as she hopped out of the bed. It had been months since he had slept that well unassisted by alcohol, and he owed it all to his favorite drug of choice. Her. He watched appreciatively as she began trying to find clothes, and his eyes widened as she wrapped an arm around him. The warmth of her body, and the smoothness of her skin had him groaning inwardly. 

“Probably for the best. As much as I’d love to join you, it would only delay our departure.” 

A chuckle escaped him as he watched her petite, and very naked form disappear into the bathroom. He occupied himself first by finding a clean change of clothes to change into, and then moved on to scanning the list he had already gone over dozens of times before hand. It was in the middle of reading through it for the tenth time that a rapping sounded at the door, marking the signal of their food. It was a poor spread, dry bagels and bread, hard cheeses and various fruit. The coffee he knew would at least be decent as he had supplied it himself months ago. Hearing Flahme pad up behind him, he tilted his head towards the side to eye her as he said, “It’s not continental, but it’ll do. You’re very welcome. I’m too anxious to eat, so please devour everything.” With a small smile, he placed the tray atop the desk he had been pouring his thoughts out onto hours prior. Ink smudged the hardwood furniture, chips of it missing from when he had decided to take his anger out on it. He had himself convinced it was better to take it out on the furniture than it was someone’s head. 

Filling his own cup of coffee, he crossed the room to take a seat beside on the edge of the bed, unsurprised when she sit cross legged not far from him. Though, he was surprised as she began to spill her heart for him. “I love you too. Not a moment goes by that I’m not reminded of such.” 

Sprawling out on the bed, Landon laid on his side near to where she had taken residence on the bed. Admiring the way she delicately held onto the food between her fingers, and the blush that filled the apples of her cheeks as she smoke. He firmly held his own cup with one hand and brought it to his lips, delighting in the steam that rose up to great the ice hewn features of his face. “We can add it to the list. Or, you can challenge him on all your own. I think he likes you, and he may be more prone to listening to you than he’d like us to believe.” 

With a grin, he rose from the bed. Placing the nearly empty cup on the dresser, he wrapped the sheet firmly around his waist and began walking toward the bathroom to clean up before they left to speak with Janus, pausing only as she offered her blood to him. He stared at her from across the room, wondering what her blood might do to him. Though he wasn’t sure the bad outweighed the good in their situation, as he was about to face Janus and his league of insufferable idiots. Insufferable idiots they were, but they were also impossibly strong and might feel the need to kick his ass around if this went south. Crossing the space between them once more, he sat on the bed beside her, the sheets he had wrapped around his waist cinching him as he squatted down onto the bed. “Don’t you know I hang on to your every word? This may very well be the only time I accept, but I’d be honored if you allowed me this. Just this once though.” 
July 22, 2019 10:07 pm

Flahme

“I’ll be more than happy to challenge Janus, and I think you’re right, he likes me doing so. Maybe no one usually does, besides you, of course,” Flahme said as she watched Landon move towards the bathroom, only to stop and stare at her when she offered him her blood.

When he moved back towards the bed and stated he would take her blood, she couldn’t stop the huge smile that lit her face. With all the intimate things they had shared through the night, this was like the icing on that sensual cake. “I don’t have a knife on me, didn’t you have one with you?” she asked as she glanced about the room.

Spying the knife, she retrieved it and went back to her place on the bed. Unsheathing it before returning her emerald gaze to his, she spoke softly. “Remember, I heal very fast, so you will have to be quick,” she took the knife and offered her wrist for him to hold, then drew the blade over it, wincing a little as she did so.

She stroked his shoulder as he drank from her so that he knew she was okay. When he pulled away, she waited for the wound site to heal, wondering if he got enough or would she have to make another slice.

“How was that?” she asked, watching his face avidly, for any sign, good or bad, of what her blood had done to him.
July 24, 2019 07:16 am

Janus

The motions between his acceptance, and that first taste of her blood were hazy. It was almost as if he were in limbo, and the crimson liquid that filled his mouth put him on cloud nine. Head swimming, heart racing, and tongue tingling; Landon sat up and wiped his mouth clean of Flahme’s blood. Though he was positive his lips would be stained from suckling it straight from the source. If their wild night of gnashing teeth and clawing skin hadn’t been enough to heighten his senses, her blood coursing through him did that ten fold. 

His world shifted, everything brighter. It was as if he had chugged too many shots of espresso in a row and now he was permanently set in hyper drive. “That was...fantastic.” His breath was barely a whisper as he licked his lips clean and pressed a quick kiss to her lips. 

A scalding hot shower, and a bathroom full of steam did little to calm his nerves. Landon went through the motions in a hurry, well aware of the crazed look in his eye as he quickly dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a black t-shirt. Exiting the small bathroom, he glanced around the room and was relieved to still find Flahme occupying it. 

Stopping by the desk on his way to her, he grabbed the paper he had been scratching on that morning and shoved it into his pocket before grabbing his coffee cup off the nightstand and draining its contents. “Are you ready?” 
July 26, 2019 09:45 pm
Prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
Actives (17) Fresh Blood (2) View All The Fallen (2) Graveyard
Caitlin Conners, _author, Elysia, Thorne, Daxx-, Virelai Tylwyth, Sinead O Tuathail, Xaljorn, Beau Theroux, Matt Boru, Naberius Reum, Jeremiah Richards, Cristina Scabbia, Nicolas Murray, Aubry Daniels, Jassayla, Mallory Quarters  Samuel Castillo
Caitlin Conners 
Beatrice Abbot
Grim Djinn 
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2016

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blogger | Twitter