Current Time: 06:09 am EDT

The Girl Who Cried Werewolf

Downloadable Entire Thread (For Excel, use Save As...) 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
  Creator Post Date

Kayla Holloway

December 24, 1934

Dear Diary,

Tomorrow is our annual Christmas ball, of course mother insists happen without complications. I don't know how anyone can live up to that woman's expectations. Nothing is going according to her plans of course. About a week ago the workers started getting sick during preparations. It has been hard to find others to take over, I think everyone fears they will become sick as well.

So, now mother has insisted I will be in charge of overseeing preparations. I don't see why, no one is listening to me. Besides I'm going to do something wrong and she will be cross with me for weeks. I will get it done though, there really isn't another choice - about two hundred of my mother's closests friends will be here tomorrow evening. You know she wouldn't even let me choose my own dress, she said something about needing to look "proper" or something. It's just not fair!

One good thing will come out of this though, I invited Jonathon to the ball. He's been working here for a few months now. He talks of his return to the States in a few months and speaks of me going with him. Oh how I wish I could! Mother and father would be beside themselves if they knew what I was thinking. Mother has everything planned out for me and that plan doesn't include a working class New Yorker. This isn't really my life is it?

Tomorrow mother plans to introduce me to a man she believes would be a good match for me, Benjamin Hartley. He's the son of one of my father's business associates. Isabella Hartley? I can't even imagine it. You know, I don't think I'll be feeling very well tomorrow night...

September 19, 2020 06:28 pm

Kayla Holloway

December 25, 1934

Dear Diary,

It's Christmas!

Of course there were presents this morning. I received some things to sketch with and a lovely black dress for the party. Father says he has a surprise for me later this evening! Cook made us a lovely breakfast of fried eggs, bacon, and fried bread. There was coffee and mother allowed me some today. It was amazing.

I feel like tonight will be even more amazing! It makes me sad I can't share this with anyone but you. I'm afraid even Elizabeth would tell our mother.

Please tell me what good it is to have a sister if she is just going to tell mother all your secrets? I managed to ignore her most of the morning. She didn't even have to help plan the ball. Father and mother never expect anything out of her. Those are the perks of being the younger sister I guess.

But don't worry, I won't let anyone ruin this day for me! Tonight I plan to dance until I can't anymore. It's going to be so wonderful!

September 19, 2020 06:30 pm

Kayla Holloway

December 26, 1934

Good Morning Diary!

I managed to get away with just a brief introduction with Benjamin. He's a handsome man but with his nose in the air just like my parents. I can't see how that would make anyone happy. After our meeting I feigned sick. With all the people who've been getting sick the past few weeks mother insisted I head straight to bed.

But... that's not exactly what happened.

Jonathon and I met in the garden. It was cold but I didn't care. We danced and laughed until I could barely feel my feet. I think we had a wonderful time. He asked me again to go back to America with him. I said yes this time! I can't recall much after that and I'm really not sure the bit that I do can remember can be my own memories. It must have been a dream.

This morning when I woke up I was still in my dress from last night and it was torn to shreds. Mother would have had a fit seeing the state of it, I still don't remember how it got like that.

September 19, 2020 06:32 pm

Kayla Holloway

December 26, 1934

Diary,

It's afternoon now. I am completely shaken by what I've discovered.

After discovering the state of my dress I made sure to hide it in the far reaches of my closet and took a long, hot bath. When I was done my breakfast and the newspaper had arrived.

The paper shed some light on what happened last night. The front page showed a man's body, it looked as though it had been ravaged by a beast. That's when the memories that I thought to be dreams started coming back to me. I am terrified by what I remember. How can I remember these things when it's impossible that I could have done this? I am no animal! One line stood out more than most and it was the worst of all.

Body Identified as Jonathon Blackwell

Could I have done this to poor Jonathon? I don't understand how I could have if I don't remember. I wish there was someone to help me but I'm too afraid to tell anyone. They might think me insane or worse a murderer! I could never do such a thing!

September 19, 2020 06:32 pm

Kayla Holloway

December 27, 1934

Dear Diary,

Mother arrived home yesterday afternoon and she insisted that I would join them for dinner with Benjamin Hartely and his father. She would not relent despite my persistent pleas. I begged her to take Elizabeth instead.

I was so upset and I didnít know how to tell her. Mother still doesnít know about Jonathon and how I was going to America with him. Perhaps itís pointless to tell her now, heís dead and I might be the cause of it. I canít believe that I am capable of such animalistic behavior. . There must be another explanation.

It was about six in the evening when we arrived at the Hartleysí. Benjamin was as pleasant as you would expect him to be with a girl who went from being poised and composed to a bawling mess.. I swore to myself I would do that. My parents were so confused and embarrassed. Mother and father kept apologizing for my behavior. Would they even understand if they knew what Iíd been through the past two days? I guess IĒll never know.

I couldnít be there any more. Just as they were bringing dessert I made a break for the door. . As I was leaving I caught sight of someone tailing me, it was Benjamin. He followed me out into the street, somehow heíd managed to obtain the coat Iíd left behind. He helped me put it on and offered to walk me home. I have to say he is a gentleman. It seemed like the least I could do.

We talked about the weather and Christmas. The truth is he talked and I mostly listened. It was the only way I could keep myself from breaking into tears again. Somewhere between his house and mine things got fuzzy again. I donít remember much after that.
September 19, 2020 06:52 pm

Kayla Holloway

December 28, 1934

Diary,

I think it happened again.

It is very early, about two in the morning. A loud knock at our door woke up the entire house. Elizabeth and I listened through our door. It was Mr. Hartley at the door, apparently Benjamin never made it home. He was asking for me. I guess he wants to know when the last time I saw his son was.

I believe it was about nine last night when Benjamin walked me home but I recall much. Just that same terrifying nightmare. I am an animal and I am attacking a man, I donít stop until his lifeless eyes stare up at me. This has to be a dream right? People donít turn into animals. Itís just not possible.

September 19, 2020 07:04 pm

Kayla Holloway

December 28, 1934

Diary,

I think this will be my last entry for awhile.

This morning when I woke up around nine my breakfast tray and the newspaper were waiting for me. The headline glared at me as though it were angry with me.

Benjamin Hartley Found Dead, Victim of Another Animal Attack.

The article told the tale of his dead, like Jonathon heíd been mauled to an almost unrecognizable state.

I donít think those were nightmares, they were memories all along. Am I going mad? I imagine that the servants will begin to talk now, they can link me to both Jonathon and Benjamin. The police will want to question me. I donít have answers to their questions. Humans canít turn into animals! Those are just stories!

I canít think of another reasonable explanation though. How could both of them be attacked by an animal while I was with them but I donít remember it? It has to be me, I just donít understand how. It doesnít matter, what I have to do now is very clear.

I have to go.. Thereís some money from fatherís safe and some of motherís jewelry that she wonít notice gone right away.It should be enough to last me a while. The boat for America leaves tonight and I plan to be on it. Maybe I can figure out whatís happening to me when Iím away from here. There is just one fate for me if I stayÖ

September 19, 2020 07:18 pm

Kayla Holloway

December 25, 1936
New York City

Dear Diary,

Almost two years have passed since my last entry. I have learned so much since then.

When I left mother and father put out a reward for information leading to my safe return to them. It wasnít safe to travel under my own name, Isabella Vaus is dead. I've had to assume another name for now, Kayla Holloway. Just another face in a sea of immigrants to America.

The Ďmurdersí of Jonathon and Benjamin remain unsolved, I remain their primary suspect. I believe the story the papers circulated was that I threw myself from a bridge out of guilt for what Iíve done. No one could really believe a human could do that would they? It doesnít matter, if they all believe Iím dead that means they are no longer searching for me.

When I first arrived here I found work and boarding with a seamstress. It is hard work and I am tired but for once in my life I can say that everything I have I earned on my own. Itís the life I believe I would have had if Iíd come here with Jonathon. I miss him, so much. Sometimes itís still hard to believe all that has happened.

Iíve begun to research, itís difficult. I donít have the same access to books as I would have back home. All roads seem to lead back to one creature, a werewolf. One of those stories told to make children behave. All the signs are there but this isnít a fairy tale. There has to be something Iím missing.

September 19, 2020 08:15 pm

Kayla Holloway

Her teeth sank deep into the flesh of his throat she growled with pleasure. This was what the wolf lived for. Blood streamed from the would as she tore away the soft meat. She had chosen this one with great care, he was special. He reminded her of her first kill with his dark hair and green eyes. It was after all nearly the second anniversary of her first kill. She deserved a treat.

He tried to cry out but all that came out was gurgling as he choked on his own blood. This sound pleased her. Again she let her teeth sleep slip in like a hot knife through butter. This time she used more force and she could hear the sickening crunch and feel as his esophagus crushed beneath the pressure of her bite. The melodic sound of his choking was disturbed by the a voice in the back of her head. It begged her to stop. It started as a whisper and progressed to a deep throbbing head ache just under the surface.

Though she was in control on the nights of the full moon Kayla was always there. Constantly begging her to stop, to show mercy to her victims. She was a constant annoyance. The wolf took pleasure in the distress of her host. As the blood continued to flow from his wound she lapped it up. The wolf needed her strength. He was just her first victim of the night. She would never stop.
September 19, 2020 08:38 pm

Kayla Holloway

January 20, 1937
New York City

Diary,

Itís happening again. It hasnít stopped the last two years.

This time is different though. I have started to remember the attacks. The faces of these men are seared into my mind, haunting me every hour of every day. I no longer believe these things to be dreams. It is all very real.

The memories of what Iíve done terrify me. How can I be capable of such violence? It feels like something has possessed me. Iíve heard of demon possession but from what I read this has none of the telling signs of that, itís an absurd idea. No, everything goes back to werewolves. The animal attacks, always on the full moon. I just canít wrap my mind around the idea of that. There has to be a more logical explanation.

What I can tell you is that when this thing takes control of me I can feel what it feels, see what it sees. It enjoys the violence, killing these men. I try to fight, to get it to stop but though it is a part of me I have no control over it. I canít make sense of it.

I have also noticed that all of its victims are men. If this is an intentional thing or just because of circumstance I havenít deciphered yet. Each time it takes control I learn a little more, I just hope I can learn to control it before someone else falls unsuspecting victim to it.

September 19, 2020 09:38 pm

Kayla Holloway

There was a deafening silence when she woke. She knew in an instant that something was wrong. This was not where she was supposed to be. Fear froze her in place, each time she woke up at home the morning after the full moon Kayla knew what she would find. She closed her eyes and willed it to be a dream, it had to dream.

Deep breath. One...twoÖthree. Kayla forced her eyes open. To her disappointment this was real.

She rose from bed, her footfalls made no sound as she headed towards the mirror. She walked as though she were trying not to wake a sleeping beast, in some ways that was true. In the twilight of morning she could just make out the streaks of blood that painted her pale skin. Her clothing was tattered and stained red. Tears began to swell in her eyes. Kayla knew what this meant, what she would find just steps beyond her bedroom door. Why was this happening again?

She hesitated. Kayla didnít know if she could face this again. It wasnít like she actually had a choice though. The wolf that possessed her was winning, slowly breaking down her will to rage against it. Compelling herself forward she traveled through the hallway and down the stairs. At the last step she paused, azure hues raising to behold a scene of horror.

The mangled body of a man was slumped on the couch, mauled beyond all recognition. The carpet was soaked with the carpet below. Fleshy parts scattered across the room. The worst thing of all it seemed that his entire arm was nearly severed from his body. The wolf was meticulous when it hunted, it never left evidence. This was deliberate, a warning to her. If someone stumbled into this scene she would be blamed, that was the intent.

The choice of what happened next was no longer hers to make.
September 20, 2020 01:52 am

Kayla Holloway

June 3, 1942
New Orleans

Dear Diary,

It has been five years since my last entry. I am not great at documenting things but I should do better.

So much has happened. The night I left New York was the night I learned that the thing inside me had full control, but just on the nights of the full moon. I had started to lock myself away on those nights and I must have forgotten a lock. The creature left a man in my home with the intent that I find it. When I saw his face I could remember everything about his death. His screams haunt me even now.

I kept researching and trying to find something that made sense. Every avenue brought me back to one thing. I am a werewolf.

I am still learning to live with this. I have accepted that itís not something I can change. But I have so many questions. Everything Iíve read says that to become a werewolf you must be born one or bitten by one. I am sure that I was never attacked. Does that mean that my mother and father were werewolves? I guess that at least one of them had to be. Are there others like me out there? If there are, where are they? Hiding, like me I think. Iím not sure this world is safe for my kind.

I still donít know what triggered my transformation the night Jonathon died. I might not ever know.

Five years ago I moved to New Orleans. It was a week before the manís death made it into the papers down here. His name was Michael Roberts, he had a family. I have a list of all their names and the dates she took their lives. I canít let myself forget why I have to keep fighting, I canít ever stop.

Iíve taken the name Elisa Harris for now, the flat in New York was leased under the name Kayla. Iím so tired of hiding but I canít be found out. We both know what a disaster that could be.

Thereís someone at the door, I have to go.

September 20, 2020 04:04 pm

Kayla Holloway

Knock. Knock. Knock.

The banging on the door was loud and persistent. She hesitated for a few seconds, Kayla could imagine all the terrible things waiting on the other side. No, she had to force herself to open it she couldn't keep hiding from the world.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

There it was again.

With a sigh she put down her pen and notebook and rose from where she sat. Even the through the sheer window covering she could make out a dark figure. She peered out the window briefly and saw a man dressed in black. Curious.

Kayla was cautious as she ended the locks and open the door "Yes?" Her voice was firm and unwavering. "Can I help you with something?" It was strange for him to be here, people didn't just knock on random doors this time of night.

"Yes ma'am." His accent gave him away as a local. "I'm detective Guillory. I was hoping you might answer a few questions for me." Looking closer at him it did appear he could be just that. That didn't make her any more comfortable about him being there. "Of course. I'm not sure how I can help though."

There was a moment of silence and then he continued, "I'm looking for someone. I have reason to believe that I might find her here. A woman named Isabella Vaus." For the moment Kayla said nothing as she waited for him to finish, but her mind raced. Who had given him this information? How had they found her after so long? Then came what she was expecting, "She's the lead suspect in two murders in London and several in New York."

Every muscle in her body went numb. her instincts told her to run, but that would just give her away. She had to be smart, she had to stay calm. "I'm sorry, but there's no one here by that name. I believe someone gave you some bad information."

Well, she could add liar to her growing list of sins.
September 22, 2020 12:46 pm

Kayla Holloway

June 4, 1943
New Orleans

Diary,

I'm not sure things could get much worse.

Last night a man came to be a detective Guillory came. He was searching for Isabella Vaus. He claimed she is one in connection with several murders in London in New York. You and I both know this is true. I told him that I had never heard of this person and the his sources must have given him bad information. He seemed unconvinced by my words.

He knew about Benjamin and Jonathan. What perplexes me more is that he was able to connect London in New York. There is not a soul alive that knows who I am now. How did he find me? All I know is that somewhere along the line I was not careful enough.

I have reason to believe that Guillory it's not a New Orleans detective at all. As you know I have not met many of my kind but if you have met spoke of people who hunt the supernatural. Some call them slayers or hunters. these people are extremely skilled at tracking their prey no matter where they are hiding. I have every reason to believe that he may be one of them.

I don't have any other choice now. I must leave New Orleans and become someone else once more. I have to go tonight.

I grow weary of this, just as soon as I find a place where I may be comfortable I'm on the run again. do you think this is how I have to spend the rest of my life? If I'm lucky I'll be wrong and then I won't have to worry about someone following me. But I had the feeling that I'm right and I'll be running for a long time.

I wonder if this is a life mother imagined for me, I have serious doubts about that. All this almost makes me yearn for her overprotectiveness, as soon as I took that off for granted. I guess there's nothing I can do to change that now.
September 23, 2020 12:19 pm

Kayla Holloway

The day after detective Guillory's visit she left New Orleans. Kayla didn't wait around to see what was in store for her when he realized who she was.

First she secured all she need for her escape money to get her through, her few belongings, and most important of all and new identity. This time she would be Madison Gilbert a girl from Fayetteville who was busy seeing the world on her father's dime. Madison's entire life was written for her, it's what she would tell people when they asked her questions. Kayla thought of all, she wouldn't leave anything to chance. All the different places she got to go was the one plus side to living life on the run. This time she was headed to St Louis.

It became apparent very quickly that detective Guillory was hell bent on finding her. Somehow he had known her plans. The moment she stepped off the train he was there. "Good evening Ms. Harris, " She could tell by the sound of his voice that he was toying with her. The look of satisfaction on his face was unmistakable, "or is it Ms. Gilbert now?"

Then for the next few moments of silence hung between them.

"I don't know what you're talking about." It was a feeble attempt at defense. He held up a small, leather bound notebook, it was her diary. With no one else to turn to writing out her thoughts was the one thing she could do to help her sort through things. Now even that had betrayed her. What could she do? There was no denying any of it now. He held the entire truth in his hand.

She made a half hearted attempt to move past him. "I need to go." She uttered. He shook his head and blocked her path. "No, I think we need to talk Isabella" she thought of making a temp to run but as if he read her mind he reached out and gripped her arm tightly.

She struggled against his grasp but he was stronger than other human men she had come in contact with. Something wasn't right. "Let go!" Though her voice was loud and commanding it was lost in the sea of noise at the station.

"Calm down." His voice dropped to a low, dulcet tone. "I'm not what you think."

His clutch on her arm loosened then he released her. Then he held her diary out practically shoving it into her hands. "I'm trying to help you," with that final thought he turned and walked away.

September 24, 2020 12:49 pm
1 | 2 | 3 | Next
Actives (14) Fresh Blood (0) View All
(this month)
The Fallen (2) Graveyard
Celeste Donovan, Phantom_, Mallory Quarters, CnCrasher, MenagerieSteals2, FTSteals2, CnCrasher 3, SpitiyuraSteal, MenagerieSteals1, FTSteals1, CnCrasher 2, MenagerieSteals3, FTSteals3, TF Jan RPM    Valkin
Stephen Cage 
Home | Profile | Forums | F.A.Q. | Donate | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us
Created by Arctic Moon Studios. All rights reserved. © Bloodletting 2006-2021

Official Sites for Bloodletting
Blog | Twitter